Question Mucai X99 P4 Motherboard doesn´t boot.

Moonpreacher

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
So, long story short, finally decided to replace my old Athlon X4 760k "rig" for one of those cheap bundles of X99 P4 motherboard+16gb DDR4+ Xeon E5 2680 V3 CPU onde finds on Aliexpress. I only use the computer for browsing and some light DTP and only reason I did it was because sometimes the system crashed or even refused to boot, so I guess it´s some problem with the old motherboard or maybe with the PSU-
So I got this new motherboard and...is a 8 pin CPU power. Felt like an idiot assembling all together in my old and only case ( had to remove the old motherboard and cables etc) and didn´t boot at all. So I had to reassemble again my old AMD system ( yes, that´s where I´m posting this). What I want to know if it´s normal for the new X99 P4 to not boot at all with only the 4 pins ( like if it was dead ), because I´m afraid that somehow I fried the motherboard as these chinese are cheap and dead sensitive for some reason. I know some 8 pin motherboards can boot with just 4 pin, some at least give a signal but this one nothing, zero, nada. No video signal at all from the fanless GPU. Anyone tried the same with a similar motherboard? So now I need to buy a new PSU, something that´s not cheap where I live just for the damn 8 pin or buy a 4 to 8 pin adaptor, something that´s not available and may take at least one week to arrive and can´t figure out if that´s safe or not in the short or long run. But in the meantime I just want to stay relieved, knowing is normal for that model to not boot at all.

Ok, will definitely buy a new PSU. Just a layman question ( as I´m a autodidact as you may guess ): is a 4+4 EPS12V the same as a 8 pin?
Yeah they expanded the connector so each side has identical pinouts. I've assumed that the 4+4 connectors are still around mostly to maintain that backwards compatibility and since the pinout is the same it's just the cost of plastic connectors.