much higher ping than normal

Jun 14, 2018
hello my normal ping is 100-108 in online games but in these days im getting like 130 and its not even stable it will go to 1000 and stuck there like 10-6 min then it will go back to 130
and yes im using cable
and no one is using the internet but me what shall i do please ?

Solution
It's very difficult to find bottlenecks, because there isn't a universal system of reporting packet loss to the end user. TCP will know it happened but not really where. Lots of switches and NICs drop packets and you might not be able to find any log. Are you in the USA? 1Mbs is insanely low. Broadband, FCC defined minimum quality, was increase to 25Mbs down / 3 up. If you're located inside a city there should be better options.

If the cable going into your modem is like the one for cable TV it's DOCSIS. If it looks like a phone line it's DSL. You would need a small dish on your house for point to point wireless. That's pretty much only in rural areas. When you are having high latency trying pinging your gateway and the next one to the...
Going to a 1000 is a sign of bufferbloat.
You need to monitor your networks bandwidth from the router to see if it's swamped.
If you're on wifi you might have a bottleneck that's swamped.

Windows pc resource monitor will show that one devices network usage.

Run some speed tests and compare it to what service you pay for and post the info.

Jun 14, 2018

i did a speed test it tells me my ping is 150 and when i do ping google.com -t on run it tells me its 104 and i tried to open the resource monitor it tells me that my game is using the whole internet and when i end the game the ping goes back to 130 and when i enter another game it goes to 1000 again just over and over (note it started to happen to me this month before my normal ping was 100-108) thanks for helping

Jun 14, 2018

im paying for 1mb internet speed (which means 100kp) im only 18

Is it wired and what type? Point to point wireless will have inconsistent pings or if you are at the end of their line it won't be consistent.
1Mbs is very low you have to make sure nothing is using the network while you game.
Are there any other competitive internet plans in the area or is that the only option?

Jun 14, 2018

how can I know which type is it, please ? and I want to make sure it's from the provider so i can change it I don't want to change it to another provider and have the same problem and thanks for your time :)

It's very difficult to find bottlenecks, because there isn't a universal system of reporting packet loss to the end user. TCP will know it happened but not really where. Lots of switches and NICs drop packets and you might not be able to find any log. Are you in the USA? 1Mbs is insanely low. Broadband, FCC defined minimum quality, was increase to 25Mbs down / 3 up. If you're located inside a city there should be better options.

If the cable going into your modem is like the one for cable TV it's DOCSIS. If it looks like a phone line it's DSL. You would need a small dish on your house for point to point wireless. That's pretty much only in rural areas. When you are having high latency trying pinging your gateway and the next one to the ISP.

Solution
Jun 14, 2018

I'm not in the USA and yea it's slow but I don't have much money to make it higher I got a college to save for and yea I have a phone line for DSL thanks for your help ill change my provider might it help and another question do know how to reset my router also? I just wanna make sure I won't have it either way