Mucked up at windows 10 installation to new SSD

Sean_225

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Fairly new to pc building
have a z97 pc mate mobo
1 tb toshiba hhd
just bought 750g crucial ssd

downloaded windows to usb drive and changed boot to boot from usb drive and installed windows on ssd after a couple times redoing it (different mishaps- safe ejected usb while was running) finally learned to leave it in OS was installed to the SSD and booted up fine, it said that because of the multiple reinstalls that there would be old windows folders labeled old windows 000. and 001.
seeing that they were old and thinking that because I have windows installed on my hhd, the usb and now the ssd drive that I would be able to delete these folders no problem. So I deleted them after pc deleted them I restarted it to boot from the ssd rather than the usb and thats where it is messed up. Keep getting A2 error and even if I boot from the usb/hhd it is prompting me to install windows. I've selected install just to see the options given and it is only allowing me to format or delete drives/partitions but I cannot download on any of them. Tried to use the repair in the windows install menu and that didn't work either. Not sure what to do or if its fixable or how to trouble shoot. Any help would be really appreciated

Solution
I would start over.
Unplug the 1TB drive so you only have the SSD connected.
Boot to the USB and start the installation. When it gets to the point where the disk and partitions are listed, delete all of them so you only have unallocated space. Select the unallocated space and click next and Windows will do the rest. Remove the USB as soon as the machine starts the first reboot else you will probably boot back into the USB since it sounds like you set that as your first boot device.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I would start over.
Unplug the 1TB drive so you only have the SSD connected.
Boot to the USB and start the installation. When it gets to the point where the disk and partitions are listed, delete all of them so you only have unallocated space. Select the unallocated space and click next and Windows will do the rest. Remove the USB as soon as the machine starts the first reboot else you will probably boot back into the USB since it sounds like you set that as your first boot device.

Solution

Sean_225

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

Currently trying that. Will be back with results
Won't let me install windows on the unallocated space because of GPT partition style.
If I hit on new it says that it may creat additoinal partitiosn but it doesn't do anything

Reinstalled new instance of windows installer on my usb and restarted. worked perfectly and installed windows to SSD. now to try and see about plugging HHD back in

Sean_225

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

This worked m8 really appreciate it