Question Muffled/poor audio on new build.

Mar 5, 2022
I just got my new build in the mail last week and the audio has been pretty low quality and muffled sounding even when switching out sound cards and speakers/headphones. I've even rolled back to Windows 10 since it shipped with Windows 11 as some sound cards aren't properly supported by Windows 11 yet.
I've messed around with almost every sound setting possible as well as trying multiple 3rd party equalizers such as APO equalizer to no affect. The onboard audio is disabled in BIOS as well since I thought that could be causing a conflict with the new sound card.

My motherboard is the MSI Z690 A Pro DDR5 and I'm currently using the Asus Xonar SE sound card. I've had the same issues with a Sound Blaster Audigy RX5 and was hoping the ASUS would clear things up but nope.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, make sure that the motherboard's BIOS is up to date. What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your driver, did you source the latest off of Asus's support site? If so, did you install said driver manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Might want to also include your audio equipment as well and how they're tethered for the sake of relevance.

Mar 5, 2022
I'm currently running Windows 10 build 19044.1566 which I believe is the most up to date. I'm actually running with the onboard sound with updated drivers and my old Logitech 2.1 speakers and I'm having the same muffled audio effect even with headphones. These are the same speakers I was running on my last pc build 2 weeks ago.
As far as the BIOS being up to date I'm not sure and honestly not terribly confident on updating it myself.

Jun 4, 2022
I just got my new build in the mail last week and the audio has been pretty low quality and muffled sounding even when switching out sound cards and speakers/headphones. I've even rolled back to Windows 10 since it shipped with Windows 11 as some sound cards aren't properly supported by Windows 11 yet.
I've messed around with almost every sound setting possible as well as trying multiple 3rd party equalizers such as APO equalizer to no affect. The onboard audio is disabled in BIOS as well since I thought that could be causing a conflict with the new sound card.

My motherboard is the MSI Z690 A Pro DDR5 and I'm currently using the Asus Xonar SE sound card. I've had the same issues with a Sound Blaster Audigy RX5 and was hoping the ASUS would clear things up but nope.
Did you manage to find a fix? i'm experiencing the same issue on a z690 tomahawk.