Question Mugen 5 and ryzen 7 5700x

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
Hy everybody i need help to choose between scythe fuma 2 or scythe mugen 5, i like mugen 5 more, but i got a little scared that mugen 5 is not enough cooling for my ryzen 7 5700x. I have read in some articles that mugen 5 is good for ryzen 5 5600x, how about ryzen 7 5700x with pbo or a little oc for daily use. Im currently using deepcool maelstorm 240t and i think in a short time it need to be change

Thanks

The 5600X and 5700X draw similar power under load. Even with PBO enabled.

The Fuma 2 is (IMO) slightly better choice simply because the heatpipes and fins are split around a central fan.

Not real familiar with the AIO you mentioned aside from it being a 240mm AIO. Wouldn't assume either of these scythe towers are going to outperform that by a significant margin. Certainly less prone to failure though.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are tons of good video reviews on coolers and very recently one on the bargain styles. I want to say the Assasin (I cannot think of the manufacturer right now) came out as one of the best for the money. Everything I have seen on the Mugen suggests it is a good cooler for the money. Carey Holzman (for one) swears by them.

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
The 5600X and 5700X draw similar power under load. Even with PBO enabled.

The Fuma 2 is (IMO) slightly better choice simply because the heatpipes and fins are split around a central fan.

Not real familiar with the AIO you mentioned aside from it being a 240mm AIO. Wouldn't assume either of these scythe towers are going to outperform that by a significant margin. Certainly less prone to failure though.

Thanks it help a lot

How much is the Depp Cool AK400?

I have a Peerless on a 5800x3d and using the Deep Cool AK400 on a 5700x.

When running Cinebench23 all core test, the cpu does not exceed 83°C with PBO enabled. All cores are at 4.6GHz. Great cooler, the AK400 really surprised me for a single tower.

I have a Peerless on a 5800x3d and using the Deep Cool AK400 on a 5700x.

When running Cinebench23 all core test, the cpu does not exceed 83°C with PBO enabled. All cores are at 4.6GHz. Great cooler, the AK400 really surprised me for a single tower.
Not sure what PBO settings you've got applied, but likely your 5700X is drawing around 100W package power with PBO. That's not terribly difficult to cool.
This is such a huge benefit AMD has over Intel, and (IMO) AMD doesn't talk about it enough.

Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE ARGB = $25