Multi Monitor under RDP

Hi,

I´ve setup a PC with Dual Monitor Support. So under Citrix, I have a desktop
2*800 x 600 = 1600 x 600. Everything works fine. Under RDP, only the primary
display is showing the RDP Client. Then I setup a thin client with Linux
integrated and a dual card. Here with RDP everythings works fine, under W2k
and W23k Terminal Services!!

But - why this is not working with a normal PC running XP and the actual RDP
CLient?

Thomas

Dual monitor on remote desktop is not supported and it will be suported on
Longhorn.

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Thomas Gruß" <thomas.gruss@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I´ve setup a PC with Dual Monitor Support. So under Citrix, I have a
> desktop
> 2*800 x 600 = 1600 x 600. Everything works fine. Under RDP, only the
> primary
> display is showing the RDP Client. Then I setup a thin client with Linux
> integrated and a dual card. Here with RDP everythings works fine, under
> W2k
> and W23k Terminal Services!!
>
> But - why this is not working with a normal PC running XP and the actual
> RDP
> CLient?
>
> Thomas

Masha

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Check Virtual Display Manager: http://www.ishadow.com/?tabid=115
Unlike Windows 2008 Server’s multi-monitor feature, it does support full screen connections. Application is compatible with Windows XP and up, including Win2k8, Vista and even Citrix.

Note: until PS4.5FR1 Citrix did support multiple monitors with seamless applications only, while Microsoft is only targeting Windows 2008 with seamless application support, not the full screen. As far as I can tell, VDM has the broadest range of features and the best application compatibility for full screen multi-monitor sessions at the moment.