[SOLVED] Multi monitors at different resoulutions?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have a decent build (specs in the signature line are up to date) and running that 4k monitor at high/ultra settings is a dream. I had "stuttering" issues that have driven me insane over the past week or so. After reinstalling EVERYTHING and deleting EVERYTHING and running test after test to diagnose a problem, I was seeing no real reason why I was getting FPS drops in games... temps on everything were fine, power draw etc. 99% of the time the computer would run fine, but that 1% (spiking the FPS down to like 10 FPS for a split second) was enough to ruin a good gaming experience.

The only "solution" i have found is disconnecting my second monitor. I dont know if its the resolution or the fact that its refresh rate is fixed and not GSYNC like my 4k??? Its super strange. The little 7' monitor is 1280x900 in resolution at 60hz. Its bad resolution but its so small its totally fine, and I dont use the monitor other than as a second screen for monitoring system temps, core/memory clocks etc. or in racing games a telemetry box.

My RTX 2080 supports both monitors and the resolutions and has the latest nvidia driver. Is that normal? And is there a software solution, or any solution to the "issue"?

Opinions, thoughts, answers|? Im lost

Solution
I really hope I found the answer here.... I changed the DOCP timings on my RAM and hopefully have solved the issue. It seems there might be a need for that tip to be a little more widely known.... im talking to myself ha

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I really hope I found the answer here.... I changed the DOCP timings on my RAM and hopefully have solved the issue. It seems there might be a need for that tip to be a little more widely known.... im talking to myself ha

Solution