Geraki

Reputable
Mar 12, 2016
I am trying to figure out how to run a mixer program on a multi-monitor setup while simultaneously duplicating a single screen to multiple televisions in the worship area of the Youth House of the church I Pastor. Let me do my best to clarify: is it possible to..?

On a "sound booth" table at the rear of the room:
Laptop --> Shows Screen 1 (Mixer Program to run audio...all audio is run through the mixer which is connected to the laptop)
Monitor --> Extended display of the laptop set to show Screen 2 (Power Point slides for worship/speaking, YouTube videos, etc)

Mounted on the walls in the front of the room (1 & 2) and the rear of the room (3):
TV Screen 1 --> Shows the image from Screen 2 (the monitor to display Power Point slides for worship/speaking, YouTube videos, etc)
TV Screen 2 --> Shows the image from Screen 2 (the monitor to display Power Point slides for worship/speaking, YouTube videos, etc)
TV Screen 3 --> Shows the image from Screen 2 (the monitor to display Power Point slides for worship/speaking, YouTube videos, etc)

Here is what I currently have setup:
Laptop in the rear of the room which mirrors to TV Screen 1 & 3 through an HDMI splitter. This is not ideal because every time an audio adjustment needs to be made during worship you have to alt+tab out of the worship lyrics to pull up the mixer on screen and everyone watches you make adjustments before you alt+tab back to Power Point.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to find a forum post anywhere that addresses what I'm trying to accomplish, which is basically extending a screen and duplicating a screen. Not sure what type of equipment I need to buy to make this happen.

Thanks,
Geraki

Solution
The way you have it setup should be working fine. Why do you need to exit out of the mixer if you have the program on the laptop screen but the presentation on the secondary screen? If the HDMI splitter is connected to the video out on the laptop, those screens should only be showing what is on the second screen not on the laptop screen. Should be HDMI out on laptop to HDMI splitter, HDMI splitter to all the screens. If the screens are setup to extend then nothing on the laptop screen should be going to the HDMI output screens.
The way you have it setup should be working fine. Why do you need to exit out of the mixer if you have the program on the laptop screen but the presentation on the secondary screen? If the HDMI splitter is connected to the video out on the laptop, those screens should only be showing what is on the second screen not on the laptop screen. Should be HDMI out on laptop to HDMI splitter, HDMI splitter to all the screens. If the screens are setup to extend then nothing on the laptop screen should be going to the HDMI output screens.

Solution