Question Multi-user touch

meloninja

Honorable
May 13, 2014
Windows 10 seems to be very picky regarding multi-touch situations. For example, I can scroll two instances of file explorer simultaneously, but I can't scroll two separate instances of Chrome or draw two blue boxes on the desktop. Does anyone know a way around this? I am making an 8-person interactive app and need to find a way around this issue.

Ralston18

Titan
With all eight participants simultaneously trying to draw or otherwise work on one touch screen?

An analogy ( I think) would be trying to use 8 mice on one computer. The application would need some way of passing focus to each participant's mouse while keeping track of the cursor's last location for each person.

Might be a bit more manageable if each participant has his or her own confined touchscreen area (window) versus a general arena look where all could go. Even then if one participant goes out of bounds into another participant's area how will the computer know which "touch" to respond to?

Are you able to or willing to provide more details about your planned application?

May help with finding some specific way to meet the end requirements. TBD.

meloninja

Honorable
May 13, 2014
The application is a interactive demo table for car models. For example, there are eight "stations" where a user can walk up and learn more about a vehicle (watch videos, read specs, view images, etc).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Windows 10 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY