[SOLVED] Multibooting Partitioned USB Flash Drive with Win+Linux

volumeleet

Commendable
Sep 2, 2017
Hi, so idea came to my mind and spent few hours trying accomplish my goal but failed miserably.

I want to create a Flash Drive with multiple operating systems: Win 8.1, Win 10 and 2 other linux distros on one partition and second partition for typical files and daily data.

My current USB: Kingston Data Traveler 64.

Software used: Yumi, Multibootusb.

It either ended up with only one operating system working (linux) or both of them Win10 and Linux were shown in grub but Win10 didn't even try to boot.

If it's possible what should i do, how shall i format my OS partiton (fat32?) and what usb booting software would work best.

I feel like i am trying to do some black magic..

Solution
You are talking about this for installing the OS right?
The reason I ask is, you said " ... and a second partition for typical files and daily data."
That doesn't sound like files you see on an installation disk but something you would see if you were trying to run the OS's from the Flash drive. That drive is not near fast enough.
If your talking about an installation type setup have you thought about each system on a different partition?

michael clyde
Mar 16, 2019
You are talking about this for installing the OS right?
The reason I ask is, you said " ... and a second partition for typical files and daily data."
That doesn't sound like files you see on an installation disk but something you would see if you were trying to run the OS's from the Flash drive. That drive is not near fast enough.
If your talking about an installation type setup have you thought about each system on a different partition?

michael clyde

Solution