Multimedia Center 9.02

I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI that was working OK with Multimedia Center
8.9. I upgraded to Multimedia Center 9.02 and I cannot get the TV Player to
work. I get an error message that 'ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem'.
All I want is the TV Player installed. I installed the ATI TV Wonder Drivers
and then removed the 8.9 Multimedia Center. I then installed the Version
9.02.
Can anyone help me?
--
Thank you,
Jim Brown

Messages checked for Viruses
with Norton Anti-Virus

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you follow the instructions on ATI's site?

"Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI that was working OK with Multimedia Center
> 8.9. I upgraded to Multimedia Center 9.02 and I cannot get the TV Player
> work. I get an error message that 'ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem'.
> All I want is the TV Player installed. I installed the ATI TV Wonder
> Drivers
> and then removed the 8.9 Multimedia Center. I then installed the Version
> 9.02.
> Can anyone help me?
> --
> Thank you,
> Jim Brown
>
> Messages checked for Viruses
> with Norton Anti-Virus

Yes I did. I went to MMC 9.1 and it works OK.

"Greg" <gregorysutton@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Did you follow the instructions on ATI's site?
>
> "Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI that was working OK with Multimedia
Center
> > 8.9. I upgraded to Multimedia Center 9.02 and I cannot get the TV Player
> > work. I get an error message that 'ATIMMC.exe has encountered a
problem'.
> > All I want is the TV Player installed. I installed the ATI TV Wonder
> > Drivers
> > and then removed the 8.9 Multimedia Center. I then installed the Version
> > 9.02.
> > Can anyone help me?
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Jim Brown
> >
> > Messages checked for Viruses
> > with Norton Anti-Virus

I've continued to have same problem for months. I tried again with
latest drivers and still get "ATIMMC.exe" error when trying to run TV.
I've done fresh installs per precise directions (ie, ATI uninstall
routine plus Drive Cleaner software). When I revert back to 9.01, no
problems. ATI support continues to send pretty useless e-mails....I'd
love to know that someone will take diagnostic prints & truly look
into why the error occurs.

Rick

"Greg" <gregorysutton@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<nvGdnfgvYesoeM3cRVn-pw@comcast.com>...
> Did you follow the instructions on ATI's site?
>
> "Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI that was working OK with Multimedia Center
> > 8.9. I upgraded to Multimedia Center 9.02 and I cannot get the TV Player
> > work. I get an error message that 'ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem'.
> > All I want is the TV Player installed. I installed the ATI TV Wonder
> > Drivers
> > and then removed the 8.9 Multimedia Center. I then installed the Version
> > 9.02.
> > Can anyone help me?
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Jim Brown
> >
> > Messages checked for Viruses
> > with Norton Anti-Virus

Rick,
Just to let you know that you are not alone. I have a 9700pro and HDTV
Wounder. The DTV works but same error message with 9.02.

Georg

"Rick Kowalski" <r.kowalski@excite.com> wrote in message
> I've continued to have same problem for months. I tried again with
> latest drivers and still get "ATIMMC.exe" error when trying to run TV.
> I've done fresh installs per precise directions (ie, ATI uninstall
> routine plus Drive Cleaner software). When I revert back to 9.01, no
> problems. ATI support continues to send pretty useless e-mails....I'd
> love to know that someone will take diagnostic prints & truly look
> into why the error occurs.
>
> Rick
>

> "Greg" <gregorysutton@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Did you follow the instructions on ATI's site?
> >
> > "Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI that was working OK with Multimedia
Center
> > > 8.9. I upgraded to Multimedia Center 9.02 and I cannot get the TV
Player
> > > work. I get an error message that 'ATIMMC.exe has encountered a
problem'.
> > > All I want is the TV Player installed. I installed the ATI TV Wonder
> > > Drivers
> > > and then removed the 8.9 Multimedia Center. I then installed the
Version
> > > 9.02.
> > > Can anyone help me?
> > > --
> > > Thank you,
> > > Jim Brown
> > >
> > > Messages checked for Viruses
> > > with Norton Anti-Virus

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

Anyone figure this out yet? Same problem here, ATI AIW 9600 Pro,
worked fine viewing tv with mmc ver 8.8, then I made the mistake up
bumping up to 9.02 and now I get message, as I try to launch tv,
"ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem and is shutting down" - can't
get past that. I was wondering if any of you had worked this problem
out.

Thanks,
Greg

"Georg" <kr4wd@arrl.net> wrote in message news:<Esked.23031$qH3.10182@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> Rick,
> Just to let you know that you are not alone. I have a 9700pro and HDTV
> Wounder. The DTV works but same error message with 9.02.
>
> Georg
>

> "Rick Kowalski" <r.kowalski@excite.com> wrote in message
> > I've continued to have same problem for months. I tried again with
> > latest drivers and still get "ATIMMC.exe" error when trying to run TV.
> > I've done fresh installs per precise directions (ie, ATI uninstall
> > routine plus Drive Cleaner software). When I revert back to 9.01, no
> > problems. ATI support continues to send pretty useless e-mails....I'd
> > love to know that someone will take diagnostic prints & truly look
> > into why the error occurs.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> > "Greg" <gregorysutton@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Did you follow the instructions on ATI's site?
> > >
> > > "Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Center
> Player
> problem'.
> Version

I had the same problem but with ATI MMC 9.01. I just downloaded MMC
9.03 from the ATI site and everything works fine. It even has a DVD
player. I uninstalled the MMC 9.01 only. It didn't ask to uninstall
the ATI drivers or to reboot so I then installed MMC 9.03 and rebooted
as prompted and it is fixed.