[SOLVED] Multimonitor mode on Windows xp, one on pcie gpu and one on integrated gpu

Filip_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
Hi, I have problem getting two monitors to work on windows xp. One on external pcie gpu and one on integrated gpu. The integrated seems not to work when external gpu inserted, otherwise it works. To be exact, when external gpu is inserted, only that monitor which is connected to it will work. I have enabled internal gpu in bios and set maximum memory i can in bios(cca 300mb). But the thing is that it is working on windows 10 correctly. I installed both drivers to external and internal graphics and when external gpu inserted, whole intel hd control panel dissapears and then appears if i put out my external gpu.
Is there a way how to enable both monitors on windows xp?

PS: The monitor appears in control panel, but i can't attach it.

My Config:
-CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
-MB: GIGABYTE G31M-ES2L rev 1.0
-RAM: 4gb 667MHz
-GPU: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon R7 260x

Solution
From what I understand XP can only run one graphics driver at a time (this changed with windows 7+), meaning the only way to use dual graphics with the discrete and dedicated graphics at the same time, is to find a discrete graphics card that uses the same driver as the dedicated graphics card/chip.
From what I understand XP can only run one graphics driver at a time (this changed with windows 7+), meaning the only way to use dual graphics with the discrete and dedicated graphics at the same time, is to find a discrete graphics card that uses the same driver as the dedicated graphics card/chip.

Last edited:
Solution