[SOLVED] Multiple Audio output devices

TraineeIdiot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2020
Hello.
I am basically looking for a physical alternative to VoiceMeeter. I have tried and tried to use this software, and time and time again, it just breaks on me, I honestly cannot be bothered any more.
For those that are not familiar with VM. I want a piece of hardware, that offers VERY little delay, that will enable me to plug it multiple audio devices via USB and aux, blue tooth too would be awesome but appreciate this may be unrealistic. It does not have to have fancy eq controls but would like to have independent volume control, and the delay aspect is vital.

Thanks for you time.

Regards,
The Idiot.

Solution
Thanks for the response.

At the moment, yes a hyper cloud II, so usb with DAC, and just a speaker through AUX. What I am looking for, realistically, is a hardware device I can assign as 'default' within the playback tab in sounds. Then from the hardware device, multiple outputs, ofcourse with atleast one usb and aux. Little latency for at least the headset, so if its just a pass through for the usb and an 'echo' for aux that is fine.

Something similar to what you suggested but with at least the USB-A.

Thanks again.

Idiot

You won't be able to use an external DAC/AMP with your USB dongle, that dongle is it's own DAC. You will need to plug the headphones directly into the audio interface or some other DAC/AMP.

I use the...
Exactly what are you going to be connecting to this? USB audio devices have their own audio encoders like DACs/Headphones/audio interfaces for studios, etc..., those just need a USB hub or motherboard connection. Sounds like you are looking for an audio interface like something from this list https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-best-audio-interfaces Talk to someone at a music store also or check out sites like Sweetwater for products and reviews/specs.

TraineeIdiot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2020
Exactly what are you going to be connecting to this? USB audio devices have their own audio encoders like DACs/Headphones/audio interfaces for studios, etc..., those just need a USB hub or motherboard connection. Sounds like you are looking for an audio interface like something from this list https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-best-audio-interfaces Talk to someone at a music store also or check out sites like Sweetwater for products and reviews/specs.

Thanks for the response.

At the moment, yes a hyper cloud II, so usb with DAC, and just a speaker through AUX. What I am looking for, realistically, is a hardware device I can assign as 'default' within the playback tab in sounds. Then from the hardware device, multiple outputs, ofcourse with atleast one usb and aux. Little latency for at least the headset, so if its just a pass through for the usb and an 'echo' for aux that is fine.

Thanks again.

Idiot

Thanks for the response.

Thanks again.

Idiot

You won't be able to use an external DAC/AMP with your USB dongle, that dongle is it's own DAC. You will need to plug the headphones directly into the audio interface or some other DAC/AMP.

I use the FX-Audio DAC-X6, it's probably the cheapest "good" quality DAC and headphone amp combo out there, if you don't need a mic input and use some other mic like a USB one (I use the Blue Snowball). Or you can get a DAC made for gaming headsets but those are more expensive, the cheapest would be the Shiit Fulla, then Shiit Hel, then Sennheiser GSX 1000

Solution

TraineeIdiot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2020

I use the FX-Audio DAC-X6, it's probably the cheapest "good" quality DAC and headphone amp combo out there, if you don't need a mic input and use some other mic like a USB one (I use the Blue Snowball). Or you can get a DAC made for gaming headsets but those are more expensive, the cheapest would be the Shiit Fulla, then Shiit Hel, then Sennheiser GSX 1000
Awesome, thank you for this.
Ok, that makes sense, 2 DAC's arent compatible.
I too use an independant usb Mic, so that should be fine, although, looking at the model you said you have, I dont see any Aux. Most likely a moronic question but, do you have to get an adapter? If so, whats that called?
Sorry, comeplete audio idiot.
I do game, and as this is something I am looking to keep long term, If I can get some 'performance' out of it, as well as convenience. that would be awesome.
Looking at the GSX 1000, that looks ideal, I would need to get a spliter for my headset, but, thats fine. Are these any good, noticeable? I've got a pair of Hyper X cloud II.
Also, do you know the functionality of the GSX, can I adjust audio independantly ect?

Thanks again,

Idiot

Awesome, thank you for this.
Ok, that makes sense, 2 DAC's arent compatible.
I too use an independant usb Mic, so that should be fine, although, looking at the model you said you have, I dont see any Aux. Most likely a moronic question but, do you have to get an adapter? If so, whats that called?
Sorry, comeplete audio idiot.
I do game, and as this is something I am looking to keep long term, If I can get some 'performance' out of it, as well as convenience. that would be awesome.
Looking at the GSX 1000, that looks ideal, I would need to get a spliter for my headset, but, thats fine. Are these any good, noticeable? I've got a pair of Hyper X cloud II.
Also, do you know the functionality of the GSX, can I adjust audio independantly ect?

Thanks again,

Idiot

The line outputs on the back are Aux outputs to connect to powered speakers or an amp. For the inputs, it has the USB to a computer which turns it into your computer sound card as well as a headphone amp, and it has an optical input and a coax optical input to run things like TVs and consoles. I have not used the FSX 1000 but it does have good reviews, I just don't know the exact features it has. I got the FX audio partially due to the price but also because the rear outputs were line level so I could control my headphones and speakers loudness levels independently.

If you watch this video it has some info, and I like how the guy reviews things, he's fun to listen to and has a couple of other options there also you can look at
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A234flP1prA

Last edited: