Multiple blue screen crashes

Jul 21, 2018
I recently bought an i7700k processor, I needed to wait for my water cooling unit so used my stock fan whilst ensuring i was not playing high spec games. It ran perfectly - since installing the water cooling unit I have been inundated with bluescreens constantly. I have tried almost everything to my knowledge but it seems to just be getting worse...

Reinstalled Windows 10
Ran a memory tester
Chkdsk
Sfc scan
And various others, it’s late in the night so hard to think about others.

The BSOD codes I have had today alone include...

Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap
System Service Exception
IRQL Not Less or Equal
Driver Verifier Detected Violation

I have reseated all components, no overheating has occurred. I’m at a loss now and cannot work out what to do.

System specs:
Asrock z270 Fatal1ty (1151)
Intel i7 7700k
Nvidia GTX 1070
Corsair CS650

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Temperatures certainly do sound good. Thanks for updating with them.

Does the new cooler plug into any USB headers? Try unplugging them.

Does the new cooler have any software installed for it? Try removing it.

I've seen systems BSOD when running monitoring software such as HWiNFO, and there are also some situations where one piece of monitoring software will interfere with other software. Try running without any monitoring software, or at least, if you are going to run with more than the minimum support software, make sure you note every piece of software that is running when your system errors out to see if you can spot any patterns. Perhaps you're only experiencing the error condition when one program, or a particular combination...
What did the CPU temperatures look like with your stock fan, and what do they look like now?

The influence a cooler usually has on a CPU is in the temperature department. That's where you should start looking, to see whether your new cooler has actually improved the situation or made it worse.

Did you knock any cables when you installed your new cooler? Might check and make sure your ATX power connector is still well seated up near the CPU.

Jul 21, 2018

With the stock fan idle was around 65+, while with the watercooling it's idling at 35-40. Highest I've seen it (while stress testing) it got to approx. 85.

All cables are connected perfectly. The temperatures don't seem to be a problem at all, I can't work it out.

Temperatures certainly do sound good. Thanks for updating with them.

Does the new cooler plug into any USB headers? Try unplugging them.

Does the new cooler have any software installed for it? Try removing it.

I've seen systems BSOD when running monitoring software such as HWiNFO, and there are also some situations where one piece of monitoring software will interfere with other software. Try running without any monitoring software, or at least, if you are going to run with more than the minimum support software, make sure you note every piece of software that is running when your system errors out to see if you can spot any patterns. Perhaps you're only experiencing the error condition when one program, or a particular combination of programs are open.

Solution
Jul 21, 2018

Thank you for your message. I have since re-seated all components a moved some cables around. Since that things seem to have improved, my previous test of memtest gave me over a thousand errors, since doing these again I have completed the memtest with no issues and no BSOD. Fingers crossed it stays.

TRENDING THREADS