Multiple Blue Screen of Death Errors

jzureich21

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
I just bought a new computer from Cyberpower PC and am having all kinds of trouble with it. I finally got it to work last night after reinstalling windows from the recovery disk. However, Now I am getting 2 blue screen of death messages. When I try start up it asks whether I want to "Start Windows Normally" or "Launch Startup Repair". When I select Launch Startup Repair I get a BSOD message saying UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. When I launch Windows Normally I get a BSOD saying STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Verification of a KnownDLL failed. system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000020 (0x009224e0 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

I have trying booting in safe mode and launching from last known good configuration and that did not work. I tried booting from the recovery disk and running chkdsk which, also, did not work. I have tried booting from the recovery disk and doing a system restore as well. When I boot to the recovery disk and select "Repair Computer" it says that "This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows." This does not make sense to me as I just reinstalled Windows from that same recovery disc.

Furthermore, when I try to boot the computer from safe mode it freezes at avgidsha.sys.

I am going to try using an AVG recovery disc to disable AVG and determine whether or not that is a the problem. However, I have had so many problems with this new computer and am unsure whether it is a hardware or a software problem. And if it is a software problem whether it is a bad driver or bad copy of Windows 7. Thanks for any help in advance!

My system is as follows:

Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit

Brand
CyberpowerPC

Model
Gamer Ultra 2103

Type
Gaming

Processor
AMD FX-Series FX-8150 3.6GHz

Processor Main Features
64 bit Eight-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor
8MB L2 Cache

Memory
16GB

Hard Drive
2TB

Optical Drive 1
Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive

Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB PCI Express Graphics

Audio
Sound card - Integrated

Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet

Power Supply
800W

Keyboard
Xtreme Gear USB Keyboard

Mouse
Xtreme Gear USB Mouse

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Special Features
Corsair Carbide 400R Gaming Case

Motherboard

Chipset
AMD 970

CPU

CPU Type
AMD FX-Series

CPU Speed
FX-8150(3.6GHz)

L2 Cache Per CPU
8MB

L3 Cache Per CPU
8MB

CPU Socket Type
AM3+

CPU Main Features
64 bit Eight-Core Processor

Graphics

GPU/VPU Type
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB

Memory

Memory Capacity
16GB DDR3

Memory Speed
DDR3 1333

Memory Spec
4GB x 4

Memory Slot (Total)

Memory Slot (Available)

Hard Drive

HDD Capacity
2TB

HDD Interface
SATA III

HDD RPM
7200rpm

Optical Drive

Optical Drive Type
BD Combo

Optical Drive Spec
Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive

Audio

Audio Chipset
Integrated

Audio Channels
7.1 Ch Audio

RealBeast

Titan
It sounds like your recovery disk is Windows 7 that was then updated to SP1, not a recovery version of Windows 7 SP1 directly, which would cause that sort of cannot repair error.

I would probably try downloading a legal trial version of the same Windows 7 version that you have: Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, x86 or x64, whichever from Digital River and then do a clean reinstall and use your serial to activate once it seems to be working. Otherwise, the best thing to do is to contact Cyberpower for a solution.