Multiple blue screens then pc goes ultra slow

theharicover

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Hi !

Since almost one year I got a problem with my computer. Sometimes, I got a blue screen, and then another, and I got myself into a loop of restart with only blue screens. I reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times. It always "fix" the problem, but it's just temporary. The problem always come back. I figured out that it's always (I think) when I let my window open all night, but in my opinion, computers can't be damaged by cold (I don't live in Siberia, so a cold night is -10 MAXIMUM in winter, and the problem comes in summer anyway).

The more probable hypothesis is that my SSD (where I got my Windows) is <<watch the language please>>. But Samsung Magician didn't find any problem. I'll try with others softwares and let you know, but since there, if you have any idea, let me know.

I think it's my SSD, because it seems to happen when the SSD has "too much" softwares on it. I got 48 free GB on 118. So it's not like the SSD is full. But maybe some parts of the SSD are corrupted. But I can't figure it out. The scan/sfc, or whatever it is, of Windows don't work, just like all the repair tools that Windows provide.

I think I said everything. If you want something, to precise the problem, just ask, I'll do my best to provide it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
BY Blue screens, do you mean BSOD?

If so, Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

cold temps shouldn't effect the ssd, i mean, its range is 0-70C and i doubt it gets much below that, even at -10 outside. Lowest temp I saw this year was -10c outside but SSD sat on around 15c -0 I was watching YouTube videos to keep room warm.

Have you tried different cables?

theharicover

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
@Colif

I mean BSOD yeah

I followed everything, but I reinstalled windows, for a practical reason, so, for now, I can't recreate the BSOD (and don't want to install lot of softwares to get it).
Haha, ok thank you for this

That's what I thought too. Ok xD so it's not temperature. I really think it's my SSD

No, but how my cable can be damaged ? I didn't think it was possible without touching it.

I'll have access to another SSD, I'll try to replace mine with it, and we'll see !

Colif

Win 11 Master
by cables, I mean the power/data cables attaching ssd to motherboard, it could be they are faulty. Its just worth looking at.

don't want to recreate BSOD if they not happening now.It might have been your SATA drivers just needed newer versions, they can cause slow down

what are specs of the PC?

theharicover

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I understood what you were saying ^^. I'll take a look when I'll change my SSD

It happened again, even with the reinstallation of windows. Here a link to the minidump file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbpz147l95kf91c/091717-6406-01.dmp?dl=0

From a website that analyse BSOD through dump files, it appears that "ntoskrnl.exe" is in cause.

Sepcs: Windows 10 Professionnel ‎(X64)‎ 1703
Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77X-UD3H x.x
Chipset: Pont nord (Northern bridge I guess in english) : Intel Ivy Bridge
Pont sud (Southern bridge): Intel Z77
8 Go DDR3 667.26 MHz from two Corsair bar
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
HDDST2000DM001-1CH164 of 1.82 TB SATA III
SSD SAMSUNGSSD830Series of119.24 GB SATA III

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Suicidal windows.. no, thats not likely, I will ask someone to decode dumps for you.

the system bugchecked for the following reason:
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000428 (3221226536) - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

basically, 6 seconds into the boot process a key windows file appeared to be corrupted when it was loaded.

if you can boot long enough, I would install the bios update and the updated motherboard drivers:
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-z77x-ud3hrev_10/download/bios#support-dl

I would also check for firmware updates to the SSD

your bios is from 2012 and there are versions from 2014 on the website. + updated sata drivers.
(bios update + sata driver would be a good start as a fix attempt)

theharicover

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
@Colif Alright, I see.

Thank you !

@johnbl Ok, I'll try all of it

EDIT: I don't know how to use the updater that your link have gave me. How can I use it ?
And how can I update the firmware of my SSD and the sata driver of my motherboard ?