[SOLVED] Multiple bsob caused by dust?

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, these past week i got some bsob, memory management, system pte misuse, pagefault in nonpage area which today result in my pc not booting.

I opened the cpu cover and blow some random parts with a thing that blows out air and now it's working. So what does this means? simply dust problem?

My computer is performing normal, not running slow recently.

thanks

Solution
Blue Screen of B??? I wonder what last word was :)

In case you get more
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Heat...

Colif

Win 11 Master

In case you get more
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Heat can cause errors so might be reason, dust causes heat.

Solution

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013

In case you get more
Heat can cause errors so might be reason, dust causes heat.

I typed it in a hurry :p

Thanks, here's the dump file on google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sFb99IWB2W-mk8GRB4qzALy5-YprUMAo/view?usp=sharing

Hope to find out the reason why

Blue Screen of B???
Blue Screen of Beth! Blue Screen of Burt! Blue Screen of Bathsheeba! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL: The possibilities are endless!

As far as the problem and solution--I think blowing that dust might have been a fluke as something may have gotten jarred loose. but also depending on how bad those dust bunnies were, if they were impeding cooling, they also could have been the root cause. Either way, glad it's fixed!

Reactions: Colif

gardenman

Splendid
Sorry, I've been busy lately, doing a tech cleanup among other things.

I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/m9rjng3p/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:090621-19281-01.dmp (Sep 6 2021 - 04:38:56)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/k31ad/helpdesk_knowledge/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: iikii

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, thanks!

Actually I got a few other bsod such as memory management, system pte misuse that happens in a week besides the page fault bsod. I suspect that it could be the ram since the crashes happened when I was running some heavy programs.

Could memory corruption due to BIOS being outdated had caused the bsod when using heavy programs?

Colif

Win 11 Master
after all the waiting it isn't clear what cause is.

If I had to guess, since victim was Firefox, I could guess its internet drivers.
Now do you use WIFI or a cable?
Both your choices aren't new

cable
Jun 26 2013e1d64x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
WIFI
Dec 01 2014rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
I would suspect either of those. there is a "newer" drivers for both on the link below

but they aren't really new. I have seen newer WIFI drivers causing problems this year so could be them

i see Memory corruption on almost all the reports, it doesn't always point at ram as cause.
Having more dump files to look at may give us a better picture of the errors.

System is old, 10 drivers are from before 2014 so its possibly one of those still.

Hi, thanks!

Actually I got a few other bsod such as memory management, system pte misuse that happens in a week besides the page fault bsod. I suspect that it could be the ram since the crashes happened when I was running some heavy programs.

Could memory corruption due to BIOS being outdated had caused the bsod when using heavy programs?

Yes. A newer BIOS may improve memory compatibility.

If the errors are a new problem in a system that was previously stable then I would lean towards something like the PSU going bad as causing the issue. Have you had any recent storms with thunder and lightning ? Did your power go out ?

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Hi, thanks!

If the BIOS version has been fine before, it will be fine now. Newer isn't always better. They might say 'improved memory compatibility' but then you loose 200 mhz off your RAM overclock, for example (looking at you, Asus). The only way to know is to test it.
3 out of 4 of those BSODs are definitely RAM. Test 1 stick at a time, run Memtest on it. No errors, it's fine.

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
after all the waiting it isn't clear what cause is.

If I had to guess, since victim was Firefox, I could guess its internet drivers.
Now do you use WIFI or a cable?
Both your choices aren't new

cable
Jun 26 2013e1d64x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
WIFI
Dec 01 2014rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
I would suspect either of those. there is a "newer" drivers for both on the link below

but they aren't really new. I have seen newer WIFI drivers causing problems this year so could be them

i see Memory corruption on almost all the reports, it doesn't always point at ram as cause.
Having more dump files to look at may give us a better picture of the errors.

System is old, 10 drivers are from before 2014 so its possibly one of those still.

I am using WIFI, so I should be get the WIRELESS installer right under the k3lad website, right?

This is the only dump file I got. My computer stop crashing so I am alittle confuse to what is the actual problem but I am going to try updating the drivers.

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Yes. A newer BIOS may improve memory compatibility.

If the errors are a new problem in a system that was previously stable then I would lean towards something like the PSU going bad as causing the issue. Have you had any recent storms with thunder and lightning ? Did your power go out ?

Not really but recently I turned off the power plug too quickly after it shut down. Before, I used to wait or 5-10 minutes before turning off the power plug switch

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
If the BIOS version has been fine before, it will be fine now. Newer isn't always better. They might say 'improved memory compatibility' but then you loose 200 mhz off your RAM overclock, for example (looking at you, Asus). The only way to know is to test it.
3 out of 4 of those BSODs are definitely RAM. Test 1 stick at a time, run Memtest on it. No errors, it's fine.

Yeah I am going to try Memtest too, just to check if it is the ram problem. It's scary to update the BIOS since i dont know much about it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My computer stop crashing so I am alittle confuse to what is the actual problem but I am going to try updating the drivers.

if its stopped, I wouldn't do anything.
On older boards, bios updates generally don't help. If its worked fine for last 6 years without it, its not going to change much. Only 2 BIOS on board, release version and 0604 released in 2016.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/dyfcpsoa/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:092921-24406-01.dmp (Sep 28 2021 - 20:54:07)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: iikii