Multiple BSOD a day for various reasons Lenovo Y50

Prabhat_1

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Dear all,
After owning a lenovo Y50 for over a year I have recently been facing tremendous struggle to even use the laptop anymore. Recently I have been getting multiple BSOD for various reasons a day. I tried taking it to the lenovo service center where they reset the laptop but that did not seem to do anything.

BSOD reasons include:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys
watchdog.sys
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe
hal.dll
vxzHr

I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver I could using the geforce experience app (373.06 for the 860m) and still face issues. I am running version 1607 of Windows 10 home.

Sometimes the crashes are at startup, sometimes after a while of use (no major apps just chrome) and sometimes when I try to wake it from sleep.

I really require this laptop for school and I dont know what to do anymore. Any and all help is appreciated.

Solution
The errors look like driver errors, go Here and choose Update your system and I think it scans PC and checks to see what you need

Or if that doesn't work, go Here and click the System Update button at top of page
found this on a quick google search
http://ccm.net/faq/6210-how-to-fix-an-nvlddmkm-sys-error-message

if it was me, I would UNINSTALL the driver from NVidia. and reboot windows and let it reinstall the windows driver for it, see if it stable, (which is what you are looking for at this point for school) if it is stable then I would surmise the driver your installing is not quite compatible with your laptop. I would look on the Lenovo web site and download THAT driver and install it and reboot to see if is stable... laptop can be finicky when it comes to drivers as manufacturers often tweak the boards attached to the chip set and cause issues when using NVIDIA/AMD chipset drivers.

Lenovo driver web page for your Lenovo Y50 -> http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo?linkTrack=Homepage%253ABody_Search%2BProducts&beta=false

Prabhat_1

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Thank you so much for the prompt reply,
I have uninstalled the NVIDIA driver and it has installed a previous version which hopefully should be more stable. I have also tried downloading all the drivers i could from lenovos website. Hopefully this should fix the problems and myabe I can get back to gaming with this device soon enough. Ill let you know how it all turns out in a couple days hopefully.

Prabhat_1

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Thanks for the reply,
I have tried download all the drivers I could but unfortunately when i clicked system update I got an incompatible device error. Ill be sure to let you know how it all turns out in a couple days. Thank you.