Multiple BSOD after update on win 10

markcomp

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Just carried out a win 10 update and I am getting multiple BSODs
irq not less or equal ...unexpected kernel mode trap ....system thread exception not handled etc
Cannot get into safe mode
I did replace the keyboard with a MS version a couple of days before the update....but no joy on unplugging and trying to boot
HELP

Solution
Solution

Hello again markcomp

There must be some mistake. BSODs generally occur due to any of the faulty system files, Windows services, or something else related to Windows internal process.

When you boot your PC using a bootable device, none of the above entities are in function.

Can you please reconfirm, if the boot device priority is set to USB in the BIOS configuration, and that the USB stick is not corrupt?

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

markcomp

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Long story short: Made new usb, double checked booting was from usb but still multiple different BSOD, boots to bios then direct to BSOD. Swapped out graphics card, no joy. Disconnected HD and booted from usb - bsod!! Reconnected HD, removed all but one ram, it Booted:))))) But HD not happy, son spent some time on it getting into its root drive (I think - at this point it was beyond me but he ran various tests and repairs - interestingly the HD was locked(?) so that had to be bypassed first) As of now running on 1 stick of ram, HD fully checked but possibly suspect??? will put back one stick of ram at a time at a time to see which is the bad one.
Will update if any more info, but odd that it happened directly after a windows update - coincidence I am sure, but led off on the wrong path - a lesson there somewhere

markcomp

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Final update:
RAM fully checked and found to be good. Conclusion windows update failed to complete and somehow corrupted hard disk. Fortunately son was able to access HD root software (I think...) So all OK just a few more grey hairs and lots of backing up since, luckily the horse did not entirely bolt, so i am now locking the "backup" stable door.
Thanks