Multiple bsod and occasional freezing

SirosaurusRex

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
So recently I have been getting various bsod and an occasional freeze where nothing will move but no error message pops up. Whenever a blue screen occurs it will tend to be clock_watchdog_timeout and after others tend to occur on restart.
All blue screen messages I have received are as follows:

clock_watchdog_timeout
whoa_uncorrectable_error
System_thread_exception_not_handled
Kmode_exception_not_handled
system_service_exception

I have tried to use /sfc scannow only for it to return with no errors, as well as reinstalling windows, and have tried my best to see if any hardware wasn't functioning properly, but I cannot seem to pinpoint where the issue may arise from.

My specs are(info off speccy and windows):
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.0Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 (Zotac International)
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 577Mhz(Ripjaw)
Storage:1863GB Western Digital WDC(SATA)
PSU:Thermaltake Smart 750W

I do not understand how or why this happens as the bsod's occur either in game or just browsing youtube. I am a bit new to repairing and diagnosing computer issues so if I have any additional questions that seem simple I apologize ahead of time. Thank you for bearing with me and for any and all help that can be provided.

Colif

Win 11 Master
clock_watchdog_timeout & whea_uncorrectable_error are both CPU related. They might be fixable with a BIOS update. Remove any overclocks you may have

can you download and run who crashed - it will create a summary of your errors and will give us more info about tham

Copy/paste the summary in here

SirosaurusRex

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Ok so firstly thank you for responding, I don't know how to overclock and was too scared to look into it so I don't think I have any. And the program ran and gave me the following:
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 1/14/2017 2:12:54 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFC20188CCE180)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFC20188CCE180, 0x3)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

On Sat 1/14/2017 1:28:43 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011417-11625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800CB94F0E4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/14/2017 11:00:43 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011417-19812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFDE8030482180, 0x2)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

SirosaurusRex

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Thank you too for responding, I have the link
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak03_z3CzUT-g2G_Gcjj01sYO_8t

and I am not 100% sure how to update BIOS some people say they have it built in while others have disks or need usb's how do I find out which way is the one I should be using?
Update: I managed to update BIOS if any more errors occur I will post all the dmp and other files that may be needed

SirosaurusRex

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Was doing ok for a bit but it froze and upon start up I received a bsod of System_service_exception I am going to go grab all the files for it now
Update: I am now getting system_thread_exception_not_handled again
Here is link to the new dnp files:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak03_z3CzUT-g2eQ6Gdi5UkuRN9B

Here is what who crashed gave me:

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 1/15/2017 5:13:55 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xBDEAE)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803E9622BE2, 0xFFFFA48042D99D28, 0xFFFFA48042D99550)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Update2: more erros happened from here on out i will be using it as little as possible until all if figured out.
this is link to dmp's
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak03_z3CzUT-g2jqmMRjfIqMNbNC

and this is whocrashed
On Sun 1/15/2017 5:40:09 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011517-17609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1DBE2)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80394E22BE2, 0xFFFFA08133FDDD28, 0xFFFFA08133FDD550)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sun 1/15/2017 5:40:09 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (NTFS+0xBDEAE)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80394E22BE2, 0xFFFFA08133FDDD28, 0xFFFFA08133FDD550)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.