Multiple BSOD and unable to reset

Shadowsymphony

Commendable
May 8, 2016
So this is a last resort for me because I've tried everything. Out of no where, I have suddenly been getting multiple BSOD. Occasionally I can get it to my desktop but trying to do anything from there causes it to crash again. I have tried to do a factory restore on my laptop (an ASUS) but it crashes and blue screens before anything can really get started. Some of the messages include but have not been limited to;

System Service Exception
Reference by Pointer
Page Fault in Nonpaged Area
Bad Pool Header/Caller
IRQL Not Less or Equal

At first i thought maybe it was out of date drivers but the more i tried to fix it the more new error messages I've gotten. I've only had this laptop alittle over a year and its been only used for gaming.

I've tried to get a dump file but it crashed before i can even get there.

Solution
if the laptop is under warranty then start a rma paperwork... dont open the unit if it under warranty. if it not under warranty check that all the ram and if it has a video card and wifi card aRE LOCK down. if the laptop ram is locked down but there two ram sticks pull one run memtest on it. check the rear power plug make sure it not snapped off.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what model laptop is it?

try running a program like driver booster and see if it finds any old drivers without crashing... as you right, most look like drivers caused them.

try running these two commands: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93 as reset shouldn't have bsod on you

try installing http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed and run a scan (good thing about this program is it also runs in safe mode)
it looks at error logs and might give us a clue as to whats to blame

copy/paste results in here if it doesn't crash

run an anti virus scan, just in case.

if the laptop is under warranty then start a rma paperwork... dont open the unit if it under warranty. if it not under warranty check that all the ram and if it has a video card and wifi card aRE LOCK down. if the laptop ram is locked down but there two ram sticks pull one run memtest on it. check the rear power plug make sure it not snapped off.

Solution