[SOLVED] Multiple BSoD Errors and Can't Repair or Reinstall Windows

May 2, 2019
While browsing today, I randomly encountered the BSoD with the following codes after it automatically restarts:

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA
UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP
KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
EXCEPTION SCOPE INVALID
CRITICAL INITIALIZATION FAILURE
KERNAL AUTO BOOST LOCK ACQUISITION WITH RAISED IRQL
ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NONEXECUTE MEMORY
SYSTEM PTE MISUSE
OBJECT INITIATION FAILED

There is also no way to get to the desktop. I have tried starting in safe mode - does not work. Says Windows could not be started
Tried repairing/reinstalling windows. Fails to start

Any ideas? I'm afraid it may be toast

Solution
on the settings tab in bios under advanced
Look in WIndows OS Configuration
What is it showing next to MSI Fast Boot?
If its enabled, turn it off

Fast boot can have PC ignore USB drives at boot

IS secure boot on? Its also under windows config menu, it also will make PC ignore USB

look at page 50 of your manual

Your motherboard has secure erase, you could use it to wipe the ssd and then windows won't be there to cause those BSOD (Page 52 of manual)

Colif

Win 11 Master
you got errors there I never seen before. My immediate reaction is its a ram problem. those are all data errors

Try making this on another PC - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

what are specs of the PC?

May 2, 2019
you got errors there I never seen before. My immediate reaction is its a ram problem. those are all data errors

Try making this on another PC - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

what are specs of the PC?

Thanks for the reply. I would try that if I could get to the desktop but I cant. It's almost like it's completely locked up.

Specs:
  • windows 10 1903 (not sure on the specific version since I cant get to it atm)
  • Intel 7700k
  • Corsair vengeance lpx 3000 mhz
  • MSI nvidia 2060
  • MSI z279 SLI plus MB
  • WD 250gb ssd
  • WD 1tb HHD

May 2, 2019
At this point I think it's a virus/malware. Plan on replacing everything unfortunately...

I cant even do a memory check since when it finishes it just back to the 'windows failed to start' menu

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, i did suggest using another PC to make memtest

Tried repairing/reinstalling windows. Fails to start

what fails to start?

do you have a win 10 installer? if you do, we might at least be able to save any info on ssd
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

if you can copy stuff onto the hdd, we could scan it and make sure its fine after a clean install (if problem is a virus/malware)

May 2, 2019
well, i did suggest using another PC to make memtest

what fails to start?

do you have a win 10 installer? if you do, we might at least be able to save any info on ssd
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

if you can copy stuff onto the hdd, we could scan it and make sure its fine after a clean install (if problem is a virus/malware)

I'm sorry I missed that part you mentioned. I will give that a try. I do have a windows installer and that is not working. Both with the USB windows I purchased and the media creatiin tool. Since this isn't working I cant proceed to the next steps you referenced.

Whenever I try to use the installer it asks which one to use (64 or 32 bit) then its starts to load then states windows fails to load. It also does this whenever I try to start in safe mode.

May 2, 2019
I assume you mean by "Not working", the PC is ignoring them?

Try this

boot into bios
put USB into PC
Go to Save & exit tab in advanced view
choose Boot override
choose the USB from the list
PC will boot from USB

does that work?

No that does the same thing. Takes me to Windows boot manager then the 'windows failed to start' screen.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
on the settings tab in bios under advanced
Look in WIndows OS Configuration
What is it showing next to MSI Fast Boot?
If its enabled, turn it off

Fast boot can have PC ignore USB drives at boot

IS secure boot on? Its also under windows config menu, it also will make PC ignore USB

look at page 50 of your manual

Your motherboard has secure erase, you could use it to wipe the ssd and then windows won't be there to cause those BSOD (Page 52 of manual)

Solution
May 2, 2019
Fast boot is disabled. I do not have an option for secure boot for some reason.

The secure erase+ option may be the last resort. Thanks for looking that up. I may just get a new ssd at this point. Not sure I trust it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Secure boot should have been 2 items below Fast boot on the same page. It should be there.

could be because this is disabled by default - Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support [Disabled]
and secure boot is only on if it is on.

still doesn't explain why it won't boot off USB