[SOLVED] multiple bsod (ntoskrnl, ntoskrnl) - lenovo thinkpad yoga15

Christian00

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hi, I recently formatted and reinstalled through the "reset this pc" option. After a couple of minutes it started a multiple of blue screens almost caused by ntkrnlmp.exe and ntoskrnl.exe, whether it's a "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error. RAM tested and it's ok, I installed the latest compatible GPU's drive (Intel HD Graphics 5500 and Nvidia geforce 840m ), and it didn't resolve all these crashes.

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: 20ALDU637T, LENOVO
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 8664, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 16800579584 bytes (15,6GB)

Solution
first BSOD caused by Intel graphics drivers
3rd BSOD also likely caused by them. DWM.exe - Windows Desktop Manager. Sits between applications and GPU drivers
Nov 04 2020igdkmd64.sysIntel HD graphics driver

try running this and see if it offers any new drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

I don't know what Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.Device.exe is but there is a newer version here - https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/do...d-thinkcentre-ideapad-ideacentre-thinkstation
its a victim, I was just trying to figure out what...

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/5jptdecL/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012922-41593-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 16:57:58)
Bugcheck:INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3D)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:012922-28640-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 12:00:47)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.Device.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:012922-23890-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 15:30:00)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:012922-17312-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 16:10:51)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: backgroundTaskHost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:012922-17234-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 16:06:31)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)
Comment: The 2nd RAM chip doesn't appear to be recognized, if it is installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...oga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga-15/downloads
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version 1.39.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Christian00

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
ok, so I tried to install the motherboad drivers from the lenovo webpage and nothing, I also re-installed both intel and nvidia graphic drive and still it crashed.
About the RAM, I looked on the "system info" window and shows that it's 16gb installed. And then yesterday I thought to test the laptop using just one RAM, and after a couple of hours for each, it never cause a crash at all. The funny thing is that now I put them back and still nothing. There's a way to test to see if the laptop is back to normal?
Anyway It could be still useful hear some additional answers from those dumb files posted

Colif

Win 11 Master
first BSOD caused by Intel graphics drivers
3rd BSOD also likely caused by them. DWM.exe - Windows Desktop Manager. Sits between applications and GPU drivers
Nov 04 2020igdkmd64.sysIntel HD graphics driver

try running this and see if it offers any new drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

I don't know what Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.Device.exe is but there is a newer version here - https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/do...d-thinkcentre-ideapad-ideacentre-thinkstation
its a victim, I was just trying to figure out what it did to see if I could guess a cause

last 2 BSOD not so obvious.

2nd ram stick is seen by bios but what Gardenman meant is we can't tell who made it or what it is
8192MB1600MHzSamsungM471B1G73BH0-YK0
8192MB1600MHz0000000000000000000000
which is unusual.

Solution

Christian00

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
The intel support software was already installed, I tried to re-installed the driver with the latest one detected by the software. I also installed that lenovo program and until now It didn't crash, no problems found. Thanks for the help!