Question Multiple BSOD on a year old PC

Jun 24, 2021
My PC is a prebuild from ibuypower and a couple of month ago started giving me multiple BSOD while playing games or using chrome. The PC would restart and continue to had a BSOD loop and after that it would boot normal. I try to contact costumer support but dint help at all. I want to determent if is a hardware issue so I can replace the damage part or if its a software issue that I am unable to find. I'm going to upload a whocrashed report. If anyone can help me out ill really appreciated. I have been trying to identify the problem for months and no success. I had run a memtest86 it came back with a pass. I try the windows memtest but it got stuck at 21% and I left it overnight so it was stuck there for like 6 hours. I run a ssd test and it passed. I have stress test the GPU for 1 hour and temp stayed around 80c. Tested it again for another hour and it stayed around 80c again. I did a DDU on nvidia driver and then reinstalled them and still getting BSOD.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor (10X 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WiFi
Memory: 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Wed 6/23/2021 8:39:45 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD00FC6666028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pshed.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 6/23/2021 8:39:45 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062321-6890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6B90)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD00FC6666028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 6/22/2021 7:12:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062221-6531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8053C5CBCEE)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x39003F, 0xFF, 0x38, 0xFFFFF8053C5CBCEE)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_4a746d937e6a7240\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.11
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.11
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.11 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 6/19/2021 8:24:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061921-6843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6C20)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x4477, 0x390027, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/12/2021 12:02:29 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061221-8578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6CF0)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFF8689B3B673F0, 0x8A000003091CD963, 0xFFFF8689B3B66F00, 0x0)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

On Sat 6/5/2021 11:05:20 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060721-10359-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6CF0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFB8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80152E37ECF)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG-20210409-2200.dmp

Conclusion

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 6 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.11 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
  • Open Windows File Explore
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  • Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  • Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  • Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  • Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Reactions: naruto-007
Jun 24, 2021
  • Open Windows File Explore
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  • Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  • Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  • Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  • Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
Thank you for your reply. Right now I’m at work. But has soon I get home I’ll upload the mini-dump file and start testing 1 ram at a time with memtest86

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/0mxa32Lz/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:062321-6890-01.dmp (Jun 23 2021 - 20:39:45)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by:? (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:062221-6531-01.dmp (Jun 22 2021 - 19:12:38)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File information:061921-6843-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 20:24:59)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File information:061221-8578-01.dmp (Jun 12 2021 - 12:02:29)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SearchFilterHost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:060721-10359-01.dmp (Jun 5 2021 - 23:05:20)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z490-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI
There is a single BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jun 24, 2021
I did a bios update when my pc was crashing few month ago from the one that came from factory to 7C79v16 which is the one before the newer one. I'm going to procced to do a DDU again but this time ill install the driver using the windows update so it install a old one. I have try DDU before but I always reinstalled the lasted nvidia driver. I use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and MSI Afterburner(installed yesterday) to monitor temperatures.

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA never tell me anything - Since you running the MS Nvidia drivers, they not listed in that crash.

what razer devices have you got, strange there are drivers from 2015 there when you seem to have latest version

since you had whea, remove intel extreme and MSI Afterburner until we figured out cause

while it says ryzen, you can use HWINFO to track temps without the need for intel extreme tuning or MSI Afterburner - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-use-hwinfo-to-track-sensor-values-on-ryzen.3693704/

Mind you, not sure how to integrate it into on screen apps for temp sensors in game

seems you can use riva tuner without afterbuner - https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

run https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and see if it has any new drivers for pc

should be a newer version of Icue, i updated mine a few days ago

Jun 24, 2021
WHEA never tell me anything - Since you running the MS Nvidia drivers, they not listed in that crash.

what razer devices have you got, strange there are drivers from 2015 there when you seem to have latest version

since you had whea, remove intel extreme and MSI Afterburner until we figured out cause

while it says ryzen, you can use HWINFO to track temps without the need for intel extreme tuning or MSI Afterburner - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-use-hwinfo-to-track-sensor-values-on-ryzen.3693704/

Mind you, not sure how to integrate it into on screen apps for temp sensors in game

seems you can use riva tuner without afterbuner - https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

run https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and see if it has any new drivers for pc

should be a newer version of Icue, i updated mine a few days ago
My keyboard is a BlackWidow from 2013 and my mouse is a razer naga from 2014. I use them because is my comfortable set up for gaming. Im upgrading the mouse soon I ordered the newer version of it but it hasn't ship yet. I will uninstall does 2 programs. Right now I did the DDU in safe mode and let the windows update install the nvdia driver. What I'm trying to do is to run a heavy game to recreate the bluescreens to see if it happens again. I'm Running Star Citizen. PC would crash on games like doom eternal, escape from tarkov and sometimes on hades or league of legends or sometimes it will cause the same bluescreens with out even touching the PC or having anything open.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running mentest, tarkov is memory intensive, as is Star Citizen (it eats ram and systems for breakfast)

could be PSU as well, only as I don't know about this one
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold (curious who maker is)

Jun 24, 2021
try running mentest, tarkov is memory intensive, as is Star Citizen (it eats ram and systems for breakfast)

could be PSU as well, only as I don't know about this one
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold (curious who maker is)
Im gonna run memtest on both stick but only having one plug at a time. I will post the results when it finish

Jun 24, 2021
any more bsod?

i have a headache today so might not be much good until it goes away

i see mixed results for your PSU, some people swapped it for a better one while others say it is fine. I asked what others here think.
No rush. I really appreciate the help! At the moment no BSOD. What PSU do you recommend?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't like going from hunches and I am questioning if I am jumping to conclusions so might check other things

its unclear if BIOS update would help. It can help with WHEA errors but as I said, not sure if it would help.

it could all be the GPU but what were you doing when the WHEA error happened as I can't tell from dump. (I was expecting 2 whea error reports from Gardenman but I forgot how whocrashed shows the 1st crash report, its actually shown same report twice)

could run this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Jun 24, 2021
i don't like going from hunches and I am questioning if I am jumping to conclusions so might check other things

its unclear if BIOS update would help. It can help with WHEA errors but as I said, not sure if it would help.

it could all be the GPU but what were you doing when the WHEA error happened as I can't tell from dump. (I was expecting 2 whea error reports from Gardenman but I forgot how whocrashed shows the 1st crash report, its actually shown same report twice)

could run this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
Usually it happens while playing games or watching youtube in chrome(sometimes it happens when I was not touching the PC but is like multiple bluescreens on a loop). I usually have youtube on the second monitor so when I'm in a loading screen I'm watching some videos. I'm downloading the program I'll post result when I get them. I upgraded the nvidia driver to 465.89 because I use nvidia brodcast to stream.

Jun 24, 2021

OCNNOVb.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is good, i sort of expected that but needed to look.

guess we could wait for next BSOD.

are you running hwinfo?
could set it up to track sensors
in the sensor tab, there is a row of icons along bottom..
click the icon next to the clock, that shows "logging start" if you hover mouse cursor over it
this opens file explorer and lets you create a file.
run this each time you start PC and we can wait and see if it shows anything conclusive.
might help to make a new file each time as it will get big otherwise

It creates a +CSV file, you can read results in Excel or Google DOcs
if you want me to look, upload to same place as dumps and show me a link

Reactions: naruto-007
Jun 24, 2021

are you running hwinfo?
click the icon next to the clock, that shows "logging start" if you hover mouse cursor over it
run this each time you start PC and we can wait and see if it shows anything conclusive.

Im downloading it and will set it up

Jun 24, 2021

are you running hwinfo?

Quick Update. I been running the PC for 2 days testing it with different games that use to crash a lot. No BSOD atm! everything running smoothly