Multiple BSOD on my new PC

lolythaa

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hello people,

I bought a new pc two months ago and recently i began installing games on it (LoL, NFS Rivals, GTA 5, Starcraft II) and i am receiving multiple BSOD on it :??:.

PC config:
MSI H110M PRO-VD
Intel® Core™ i5-6400, 2.7GHz, Skylake, 6MB, Socket 1151
8gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 960
Kingston SSDNow V300, 240GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586

I went to a service and they said that there is nothing wrong with it and that they did not receive any BSOD.

Can anyone help me :(?

https://s32.postimg.org/trsdragoj/crash.jpg <- CRASH file

Solution
based on the second bugcheck I would guess that the RAM timings in BIOS are not set correctly
you can set them in bios directly or set a xms profile.
and download cpu-z to check the settings .
I googled the memory and found someones settings:
15-15-15-35-2 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCR)
http://i.imgur.com/VkYHdAC.png
shows 1.2v xmp certified 1200Mhz/ 15-15-15-35-57

the last number in this case is not the command rate, there is no standard for the order the timings are listed or their names
so most people only worry about the first 4 and ignore the rest. kind of pointless if they don't provide the labels

it is pretty common for motherboard bios to incorrectly set the tCR to 1 when it should be set to 2
(command rate) if it is set...
in your screen capture, the column "parameter 1" needs to be expanded it contains the error codes
(not that it will help in this case)

you have bugchecks in networking and in the storage but many of the errors were 0xc0000005 which means a bad memory address was used by a driver.

so, normally you would update the motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendors website.
this will give you a updated network driver, and updates SATA drivers. (two of the bugchecks)

you would update the BIOS, which would give the newest, and best chance of having proper BIOS memory timings.
Then you have to run memtest86 to confirm your memory timings are ok.
(because of the 0xc0000005 error code is often associated with BIOS memory timing problems and can cause any driver to bughceck)

otherwise you would have to provide the actual memory dump file from
c:\windows\minidump directory
ie copy it on a server like microsoft onedrive, share it as public and post a link.

with overclocking drivers running you can not trust that any other failures are true failures or if they are just timing bugs caused by the bad dynamic overclocking.

best to clean out all of the overclocking drivers, make sure there is no bios overclocking, delete the old memory dumps and post new ones after you clean up the drivers and hit new bugchecks.

you might want to also check for motherboard BIOS and driver updates at the same time.

Debug session time: Sun Jul 10 12:21:56.599 2016
this bugcheck is the most current and you have a problem: (old overclock utility overclocking a new low voltage CPU
remove all of the drivers)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys Thu May 28 13:42:10 2015
\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Command Center\DDR\NTIOLib_X64.sys Mon Nov 26 02:11:53 2012
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Fast Boot\NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 18:46:44 2012
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Super Charger\NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 03:27:58 2012
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Thu Jan 14 06:16:23 2016

cpu:
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 8300MHz
Current Speed 2700MHz

second bugcheck was while running a game
the system was up for 4 hours 53 mins. you got a bug check in memory management but it looks like it is coming from virtual memory (pagefile.sys ) the error code 0x41201 is not documented

i would turn off virutal memory to delete the pagefiles.sys then turn it back on to have another one created.
I would make sure it is about 1.5 to 2 times the size of your physical ram and that there is room on your drive for it to expand as needed. IE make sure the drive is not filled up, if so delete un needed files.

I would also update any SATA or storage drivers.

-------------
my guess for this first bugcheck is it will be a bug related to the xbox dvr service
I would turn it off if you don't actually use it.
see below or just google "how to turn off xbox dvr service bcastdvr.exe"

--------
were you trying to record a xbox game session?
it looks like was running bcastdvr.exe

you might have started recording if you hit win+alt+R

anyway, go to the xbox app, click on settings , find the game dvr tab and turn it off.
it records for a hour at a time.

you are also running
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Thu Jan 14 06:16:23 2016

these tools can make some unexpected changes to your machine. You might consider uninstalling it until you figure out what is wrong with your system.

error code was 0xc0000005 so I can not tell if you have a memory timing problem
you want to run memtest86 to confirm your memory settings in bios are ok.
(it runs on its own boot disk, without windows or any overclocking drivers installed)

lolythaa

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hei,

I've uninstalled MSI Fast Boot, MSI Command Center, MSI Super Charger and AVG PC TuneUP.
I've updated all the motherboard drivers

I think i've turned off and on the virtual memory, i'm not really sure but i've done all the steps.

I've turned off the xbox game session that i've activated by mistake

i could not run memtest86 because i get an error, operating system not found.

And i don't think that i'm using overclocking drivers because i don't even knew what overclocking was since your answer.

I have attached new logs -> https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao7q2P-1HAL4apyBzkWJk7Hy9dE

based on the second bugcheck I would guess that the RAM timings in BIOS are not set correctly
you can set them in bios directly or set a xms profile.
and download cpu-z to check the settings .
I googled the memory and found someones settings:
15-15-15-35-2 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCR)
http://i.imgur.com/VkYHdAC.png
shows 1.2v xmp certified 1200Mhz/ 15-15-15-35-57

the last number in this case is not the command rate, there is no standard for the order the timings are listed or their names
so most people only worry about the first 4 and ignore the rest. kind of pointless if they don't provide the labels

it is pretty common for motherboard bios to incorrectly set the tCR to 1 when it should be set to 2
(command rate) if it is set incorrectly your system will have memory errors and memtest will show lots of problems.

I would think this is the most likely cause of your machines bugchecks.
(the intel overclocking driver would cause the failure rate to go way up, so remove it until you get the timing settings correct in bios)

second bugcheck I could read the bios info:
machine:
BIOS Version 2.70
BIOS Release Date 06/16/2016

Manufacturer MSI
Product Name MS-7996
Version 1.0
Product H110M PRO-VD (MS-7996)
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 8300MHz
Current Speed 2700MHz

memory: bank 2 and bank 3 (bank 0 and 1 are empty)
Speed 2133MHz
Manufacturer Kingston
Part Number KHX2400C15D4/8G
you might want to check your motherboard manual and confirm the memory is in the correct slots.
often paired banks are bank 0 and bank 2 and bank 1 with bank 3

-----------
remove intel extreme tuning utility (overclocking driver)
reset bios to default and see if you can get the system stable

(keyboard/mouse driver is old but not the cause of this problem)

---------------
old driver:
Filter Driver for Identification of Microsoft Hardware Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Device Models - Microsoft IntelliType Pro / IntelliPoint
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dc3d.sys Wed May 18 01:07:24 2011
check with microsoft website to find a update for your mouse or keyboard software.

looking at the first (most current bugcheck)
it was nvidia shadow play using a bad memory address for some reason.
the error code was 0xc0000005 which is always a indication that you should run memtest to confirm your memory timings.
you should google "how to make a memtest bootable usb" or CD so you can get memtest to run.

your machine was running for only 11 seconds, so go into bios and reset it to defaults to remove any automatic bios overclock.
then attempt to boot windows and remove the intel overclocking utility
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys

and reboot and see if your system is stable enough to update the BIOS.

Most of the software you have installed looks up to date. Try and update the BIOS before you run memtest, if memtest fails one of the first things you would have to do would be to update the BIOS to get updated memory timing tables anyway.

-overclocking driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys Thu May 28 13:42:10 2015

-I was unable to read the BIOS info from the memory dump, generally this means you have a very out of date BIOS version on your machine.
you should check for a motherboard bios update and install it if there is one.

Solution