Multiple BSOD s

fozbear

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem. Since a few days i've been experiencing multiple BSOD's on my Acer Aspire 5736Z.

Sometimes the laptop will run for hours without a problem, then BSODs will start to appear every few minutes. When booting into safe mode everything's stable.

Here's the configuration:

Graphics Card
Integrated 3D graphics
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10

Processor
Type : Intel® Pentium® processor T4500
Speed : 2.30 GHz
FSB : 800 MHz
Cache : 1 MB L2

Chipset Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset

Memory
Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support
Up to 2GB DDR3 system memory
Max : 4GB using two soDIMM modules

Here are the latest mini-dumps:

On Sun 13-10-2013 11:29:29 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101313-16770-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6F850)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 13-10-2013 11:29:29 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheck+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 13-10-2013 11:26:09 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101313-22027-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x1037D)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800373537D, 0xFFFFF8800509A900, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
Google query: Microsoft Corporation SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Thanks in advance for any help :)

fozbear

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
I'm on windows 7 home premium.

No yellow triangles in Device manager. ( I had checked this beforehand )

The laptop is on a desk and there doesn't seem to be any cooling issues. Fan running at normal speed.

Edit: Have you run checkdisk? Sometimes a bad sector will cause this type of crash.

Check device manager and see what version of driver is being used for your graphics. See if you can use the rollback driver function.

If that doesn't work, go to the Acer site (HERE) and download the original vga driver. Remove the driver currently in use and install the original driver and see if that cures the issue.

Mark