Question Multiple BSoD, warning led on motherboard

TempsPi

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Coming here hoping that someone might be able to help me cause i'm kinda lost about what to do next.

My PC specs:

MB: MPG x570 gaming edge wifi CPU :
Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: aorus rtx 3080
RAM : 2x16 Corsair vengeance pro (DDR4 3600mhz)
SSD: 1To with windows install HDD: 1 To with old windows installed (might be a source of problem too ? I did not format when upgrading for ssd) HDD: 2TO mainly for games install

Now, the problem(s?), at the start of the summer my pc started crashing with freezes and rebooting sometimes warning me with something like "over current detected on your usb device", tested different things, thought about changing my MB, fianlly found that on my MB's the usb port where my keyboard was connected seemed a bit damaged, so I plugged it somewhere else. The problem seemed to be fixed. I decided to upgrade my pc, so I bought a new GPU (second hand), AIO watercooling (second hand), power supplie (second hand, 750W Corsair) and upgraded my RAM from 16 to 32 (the ram kit is brand new, ordered from Amazon).

I'm expericing a lot of crashes, I wanted to play to Star Wars Jedi fallen order (installed on my 2TO HDD) and here things went bad, I kept crashing again and again on the same cutscene, sometimes with BSOD, sometimes just huge freeze and awful noise. Most BSOD had the message "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" but I had some differents too, remember one was talking about memory. I ran sfc/scannow, got warned that I had corrupted files that couldnt be fixed, so I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and CheckHealth, that fixed the sfc/scannow but I kept crashing... tried the windows test for the memory, told me everything was ok, updated my MB drivers, I was finally able to go to the end of the cutscene but my pc kept crashing later, infinite loading icon on the game while it's running, then I can't alt+tab or open windows menu, then the game freeze but the sound keep playing, then sometimes BSOD, sometimes awful noise... tried to disable my XMP profile but the problem persist.. sometimes the freeze stop itself and I can play again but must of the time it's a complete crash. I ran fast errors scans on my 3 drives with hd tune and they all came clean, I might try to run them again without "quick scan" option.
On my last try I played while running HWINFO and I saw that I had a error in windows hardware section after a freeze, "Machine check errors amd64", kinda clueless about what it means...

Today I also had other BSoD messages such as "kernel data error" or "critical process died", after those BSoD, the pc restarted and booting got stuck, my motherboard had the VGA warning led turned on, but I restarted it by pressing the power button it booted normally and the led just blinked like all the other leds on boot.
Can it indicate a faulty GPU ? If so, how can I verify it please ?

As my problems started with my old confing and the only thing I didnt change are my motherboard, CPU and drives, this might come from one of them too ? I'm also wondering if the could be a power supply default as my PSU is 750W and the recommended for this 3080 is 850,dont know if those kind of crashes are common with underpowered gpu.

Is anyone aware of that kind of problem, if you have any tips feel free to share please, thanks !

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
Now, the problem(s?), at the start of the summer my pc started crashing with freezes and rebooting sometimes warning me with something like "over current detected on your usb device", tested different things, thought about changing my MB, fianlly found that on my MB's the usb port where my keyboard was connected seemed a bit damaged, so I plugged it somewhere else.

What's the age and exact model number of the PSU?

TRENDING THREADS