Multiple BSOD won't go away

Jun 6, 2018
I have done chkdsk and windows memory diagnostic, even installed new drivers. Nothing has stopped my BSOD. Here are all the ones that I have gotten
System_service_exception_not_handled
kernel_security_check_failure
kmode_exception_not_handled
irql_not_less_or_equal
Specs:
Amd fx 9590 Vishera CPU
ASRock 970A-G/3.1 Motherboard
EVGA 750 Watt 80% GOLD Power Supply
4 8GB sticks of G.SKILL ripjaws x series DDR3 ram
NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1070 (gigabyte technology)
With a Sandisk 120 gb SSD and a WD 1TB HDD
And of course Windows 10. It's installed on my SSD.

Solution

If you plan on keeping this CPU that cooler is never going to cut it and is the source of your problems. First its not powerful enough to cool the CPU, secondly it provides no airflow to the VRMs.

You need a 240mm liquid cooler like a Corsair H115i or Cryorig A40 (my personal preference), and a fan directly blowing on the VRM heatsinks. With those you MIGHT get that CPU stable on that board.

That said, personally, I would sell the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download and run memtest86 on your ram, 1 stick at a time. 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0. Anything higher mean ram needs to be replaced/removed

It may not be ram but it may save us time

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Please do the following to provide additional information
- Go to https://www.sysnative.com/blogs/download/sysnativebsodcollectionapp-exe/ and download the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe
- Run the tool and give it approx. 10-20 minutes to finish, on some machines it may take some time
- When the tool is finished, it will have created a zip file on your desktop and open the desktop folder and a file called BSODPostingInstructions.txt. Upload the zip file ton onedrive, google drive or dropbox and post a share link.

The 9590 is a 220W CPU. Liquid cooling is a good start, but the vrm's also need dedicated cooling and you need lots of case airflow. Tend to view the 990 Series of boards as a better fit for that cpu r/t power delivery also. Try reducing your clock and then voltage

Jun 6, 2018
I ran that MemTest86. On the first that I’ve done so far, the first pass was fine. But then I went to configurations and set it to default tests thinking I needed to, and errors came up. So I kept restarting and sometimes it would bring up errors, sometimes it wouldn’t. Testing 2nd stick now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If 2nd stick causes no errors, its likely most of the BSOD you were getting was caused by the stick that did cause errors. You need to replace the stick with errors in that case.

If you keep getting BSOD, set up the dump file like I suggested and upload any dumps you get to a file sharing web site and show them here

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Despite being on the support list (which they should not have put on there) The 9xxx series CPUs should never be used on a 970 board. I'd bet money AsRock never actually tested it thoroughly.

The errors are being caused by the VRMs being unable to handle that CPU. If you have a liquid cooler you need a fan directly blowing on the VRMs for it to have a chance of being stable. If you don't and are trying to use a tower air cooler don't bother, there is no way to set it up so that it works. Even with all this it may not be stable anyway.

The 9xxx CPUs need 990fx based motherboards to work properly. AsRock is criminal for even suggesting this CPU would work correctly on that board.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you plan on keeping this CPU that cooler is never going to cut it and is the source of your problems. First its not powerful enough to cool the CPU, secondly it provides no airflow to the VRMs.

You need a 240mm liquid cooler like a Corsair H115i or Cryorig A40 (my personal preference), and a fan directly blowing on the VRM heatsinks. With those you MIGHT get that CPU stable on that board.

That said, personally, I would sell the board, CPU, and memory, and spend whatever you get plus a bit extra on something else, that CPU is literally the one of the worst CPUs ever made. The problem here is you are going to spend $100+ on a cooler plus say $15 on a fan, and then if it still doesn't work $50-$100 (or more) on a new motherboard. When you're all done you could have bought an i5-8400, board, and memory, and DEMOLISH this thing in gaming, and it won't be a space heater.

Solution
Jun 6, 2018
@Rogueleader
That’s exactly what I’m going to do. Im going to sell the board and get a new cpu and memory and board that’s better than what I have. I let a friend build this pc before so I really didn’t know what I was getting into. After a while of all these crashes and learning more about computers I’m going to change some things around because I have the money do to do. Thank you for the help everyone I’m going to get some new parts.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Great choice, glad you are going this route.

Jun 7, 2018
You should try by changing the channels of RAM (if they're on channel A, move them to channel B), disconnect the PC from the current, disconnect the motherboard's battery for 10 minutes, then reconnect the battery and turn on the PC. The bios will be restarted and it should be recognizing again the devices.

Using "DriverEasy" tool should be usefull to check if you have the latest drivers for your devices. If that doesn't work, do a clean install of windows to the last one "Windows 10 April" and let windows to update all drivers for you.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

RAM is not his problem here and NEVER EVER use a tool like DriverEasy, they are garbage, and will mess up your system much faster than fixing it. We appreciate thread responses, but it helps to read what has already been tried and discussed in the thread before replying.