Multiple BSOD's after installation of New Graphics Card

Lilshady313

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
So I just hooked up two GeForce GTX 760, replacing an HD Radeon 6770. This worked for about two days but upon my last start up I was getting several different blue screens of death. The errors are "BAD_POOL_HEADER", "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "FLTMGR.SYS", "NTSF.SYS", AND "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION". Eventually I ended up just formating my SSD and reinstalling Windows 7 on it. This didn't help. So I tried one card at a time to see if one card may have been bad. Both still gave the blue screen. So I went back to my old one to test that. Again, the same errors.

I can only assume it's due to the new graphics card but maybe its another issue. I'm not sure.

How do I solve this issue?

Solution
Don't you just love BSODs? Don't they just drive you crazy? Now, I am almost 100% positive that you problem is with the graphics cards, however that is a impressive array of BSOD errors, the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" may be the root of the problem, believe it or not that one is caused by a graphics driver mismatch or error. If you are running any Beta drivers (and you may not know it, I didn't , so check) rip them out and then find a nice stable driver. IF that still does not work, then see if you can track down an older driver, I had a card that did this over and over until I install a driver that was a little out of date. Also when uninstalling I would useDriverSweeper(tutorial here http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ ) it...

Jax77

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Don't you just love BSODs? Don't they just drive you crazy? Now, I am almost 100% positive that you problem is with the graphics cards, however that is a impressive array of BSOD errors, the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" may be the root of the problem, believe it or not that one is caused by a graphics driver mismatch or error. If you are running any Beta drivers (and you may not know it, I didn't , so check) rip them out and then find a nice stable driver. IF that still does not work, then see if you can track down an older driver, I had a card that did this over and over until I install a driver that was a little out of date. Also when uninstalling I would useDriverSweeper(tutorial here http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ ) it should clean out the drivers completely. That is my best recommendation man, good luck. This is assuming that you can get into windows at all..

Solution