[SOLVED] Multiple BSoDs and Failure to Reset

Luke_dq

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
So this started happening a month ago and only once every few days so I never thought much of it until recently. Everytime I start up my pc and get to my desktop screen everything is perfectly fine for about one minute and then I instantly get hit with a BSoD usually with the error codes memory_managment or system_threads_not_handled. So, like everyone, I googled the problem and found no one with my exact issue but similar issues. So I tried some solutions but nothing worked. Eventually my last resort was to system reset, which I didn't mind doing because I dont have anything too important on my PC, but then I ran into another problem. Everytime I went to reset my pc I was hit with "pc failed to reset" around 60% of the way through resetting. So I then googled how to fix pc not resetting and ran into my final issue. My final major problem is that my pc BSoDs before I am even able to think about fixing my pc reset problem so now I am stuck.

Solution
We need to see what driver is to blame so we can maybe fix it without clean install

since you can't run for long in normal, do this in safe mode - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
So log into windows, and after the next BSOD, log into safe mode with networking and copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

I don't rely on Device manager, I normally run something like Driverview which just shows a list...

Colif

Win 11 Master
does it do it in safe mode?
on the logon screen, click on the power button in bottom right
while holding down the left shift key, click restart button
this will restart PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if you don't BSOD in safe mode, I could guess problem is old drivers.
can't really fix them in here though.

What was the fix you found for resets? As if nothing on PC you want to keep, safer option is a clean install
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Luke_dq

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
I do not BSoD in safe mode and everything runs fine so it might be drivers, however I've gone to the device manager page and scanned for updated drivers multiple times and it said everything has been updated. Edit: Another I noticed when starting up my pc I check task manager and see a constant 24% of my memory being used while no application are open. Another odd thing I noticed is the gpu usage shoots up to 100% for only a split second at random times.

Colif

Win 11 Master
We need to see what driver is to blame so we can maybe fix it without clean install

since you can't run for long in normal, do this in safe mode - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
So log into windows, and after the next BSOD, log into safe mode with networking and copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

I don't rely on Device manager, I normally run something like Driverview which just shows a list of currently running drivers on my PC and then I go to websites of makers to find updates. If you run that program, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, makes list way easier. You don't need it really, as the minidumps will show what drivers were running at time.

my idle ram is about 24% so that isn't overly large.

Solution