ecomog

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
System Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @3.50GHz
GPU: Radeon VAPOR-X R9 290
RAM: 32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro

This problem has been going on for quite some time. It mainly happens while I'm editing video (in either Adobe Premiere or After Effects). It's pretty much the same thing everytime: while I'm editing the program will crash, and then the Memory_Management BSOD follows (although sometimes I'll get a BSOD while I'm not even in front of the pc). I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for my video card, as well as the two programs and still have the same issue. Just to make sure the RAM wasn't the issue I ran Memtest 86+ and got no errors.

This is getting unbelievably frustrating, because my job deals with video editing and I'm getting 99% of the BSODs while working on projects.

Here's my minidump file in case it'll help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9202sxn28ju9tu4/Minidump.zip?dl=0

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem.

Solution
Hi, that is quite a surprise to me.

Sorry that the RAM swapping didn't help. It is possible that it is windows related too, or even graphics card driver related, furthermore I have experienced plenty of crashes in Premiere myself especially in the title editor. Maybe also disable any hardware acceleration in Premiere if you have any. I am by no means a Premiere expert, but know that disabling page file can cause trouble which is why I started with that.

Next, I would check hardware acceleration in Premiere, then try to repair windows installation, then reinstall windows in that order.
Running out of ideas now. Has this problem always been there or did it start all of a sudden?

gaborbarla

Distinguished

You can maybe try the following:
Take out 16 gigs, and see if the crashes persist. If they do, I would put the other 16 gig in and take out the first 16.
Sometimes you cant trust memtest.

Trying other sockets can also result in stable system, so you might want test all 4 sockets with just 16 gigs of RAM at a time and rotating the memory modules.

I would also make sure that the RAM is running at 1600 or less just to eliminate that issue.

Gabor

ecomog

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

I've tried 4 completely different stick of RAM just to rule that out and got the same BSOD. Also, I've been running the ram at 1333 this entire time.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi, that is quite a surprise to me.

Sorry that the RAM swapping didn't help. It is possible that it is windows related too, or even graphics card driver related, furthermore I have experienced plenty of crashes in Premiere myself especially in the title editor. Maybe also disable any hardware acceleration in Premiere if you have any. I am by no means a Premiere expert, but know that disabling page file can cause trouble which is why I started with that.

Next, I would check hardware acceleration in Premiere, then try to repair windows installation, then reinstall windows in that order.
Running out of ideas now. Has this problem always been there or did it start all of a sudden?

Solution

ecomog

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

I'll turn off all hardware acceleration and see if the problem continues. If it does then I guess I'll have to look into reinstalling.

This is a relatively new problem. It just started happening over the last few months. Kinda random since I haven't added any new hardware that I can remember. One thing I CAN say is that it seems the BSODs have been occurring less ever since I did a complete uninstall of the gpu drivers. Was hoping that would solve the issue but it's still happening unfortunately. Also, I got a FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE bsod earlier. Maybe that will help narrow down what the problem is.