[SOLVED] Multiple BSODs help!!

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
OK, so i've had a total of 4 BSOD the past 10 days, all happening 3-5 days apart from each other.

The first one happened while i was watching a discord stream and had open: vscode, 18 chrome tabs(lmao), PuTTY, winscp and maybe LoL client might be wrong though. I was also charging my phone on my pc when it happened.

I got [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED] caused by driver Ndu.sys

The next two happened while was afk, i had vscode open, discord, spotify and < 8 chrome tabs open.

-Second one i got [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED] caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

-Third one i got [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED] caused by driver Ndu.sys but with different adress.

Last one i got was today, while i was sleeping and had left OBS record my online webex class 1hr in. (i've been doing that almost everyday the past 1.5 month for 2-4 hr with no problems) it was [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED] caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and had the same address as the second one.

My pc specs are: (I built it brand new 13 months ago)

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RAM
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z (mild OC with MSI afterburners' Overclocking Scanner for about 4-5 months)
  • Samsung 970 evo plus nvme SSD 250gb
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • MSI Tomahawk MAX b450 Motherboard
PC runs smoothly everytime like nothing has happened, even immediately after a BSOD.

I've already ran a Mem test, sys file check, ssd and hdd check and everything said it was fine (Note that was 3 days ago, before the last BSOD).

I got the above info from BlueScreenView.

Solution
If you see it in apps and features, I would remove it as it was cause of 3 BSOD.

If i look for your motherboard and that driver I find a few results

try updating realtek drivers as well - 3rd link down under the windows header - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

I can find results tying cfosspeed to lan drivers. so upgrading them might help. cfosspeed is a internet accelerator app, many of them aren't necessary.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ndu.sys - Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver

try updating your lan drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

1. can you go to c:/windows/minidump
  2. copy the files from here to another folder
  3. upload copies from new folder to a file sharing website
  4. show links here

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
UPDATE: Yesterday i tried finding the faulty driver and used driver verifier and also tried screwing with some of the drivers on my own (bad idea).
First run of verifier gave me blue screen [DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION] bug check 0xC9 caused by driver ScpVbus.sys with 0x21F error code, so disabled SCP Virtual Bus Driver from device manager, even though it said it was fine.
I did the exact same thing with driver verifier 2 times and noticed my pc was slower even after diabling verifier and mutliple restarts, and had like 30-40% CPU usage with only 1 chrome tab open and task manager. So i did a systerm restore to 3 days ago and i only have the first 3 DMP files.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1spnP53DB_8bKJRnAzT5BQczhQjfbSXeF?usp=sharing here they are.
Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
Just got a new BSOD with no error code , i've added the dmp file to my dmp folder.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Scarlet crush. Used for PlayStation controller drivers. Only 2 versions I know of, one from 2013 & another 2015. Both can be problems.

Now I wonder if system restore can restore drivers as it might be back on PC now you ran it. I know it keeps copies of system files but not sure about drivers.

I have asked a friend to convert the dumps, although he isn't he until later tonight.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/qs0e14u5/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:112220-6265-01.dmp (Nov 22 2020 - 12:11:29)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cfosspeed6.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:111720-10093-01.dmp (Nov 16 2020 - 19:30:49)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File information:111220-6218-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 09:54:59)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

File information:110920-6578-01.dmp (Nov 9 2020 - 11:38:00)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 3.1 and the latest is 3.7. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Cfosspeed6.sys caused 3 of them.

It appears this can be part of windows and a program you can download. I thought it was a motherboard driver at first as I seen it mentioned in relation to some motherboards Asus tend to have is as a utility on their boards.

are you running this? https://www.cfos.de/en-au/cfosspeed/cfosspeed.htm

cfosspeed6.sys - can also be part of windows... lan related again.

one solution I found is
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files before you ran second command, and restart PC

all 4 bsod mention all the typical signs of a lan problem
NDU.sys - Network Data Usage Monitor
NETIO.sys - Network Input Output
TCPIP.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol
afd.sys - ancillary function driver

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
Cfosspeed6.sys caused 3 of them.

It appears this can be part of windows and a program you can download. I thought it was a motherboard driver at first as I seen it mentioned in relation to some motherboards Asus tend to have is as a utility on their boards.

are you running this? https://www.cfos.de/en-au/cfosspeed/cfosspeed.htm

cfosspeed6.sys - can also be part of windows... lan related again.

one solution I found is
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files before you ran second command, and restart PC

all 4 bsod mention all the typical signs of a lan problem
NDU.sys - Network Data Usage Monitor
NETIO.sys - Network Input Output
TCPIP.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol
afd.sys - ancillary function driver

OK so i updated my lan drivers like you said.
Also i never downloaded cfosspeed on my own and i dont think i've ever used it, the only time i've seen it is in Control Panel's "Programs and Features", should i uninstall and reinstall it?
BTW i've already run sfc and dism everthing was fine, should i run some more tests?

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you see it in apps and features, I would remove it as it was cause of 3 BSOD.

try updating realtek drivers as well - 3rd link down under the windows header - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

I can find results tying cfosspeed to lan drivers. so upgrading them might help. cfosspeed is a internet accelerator app, many of them aren't necessary.

Solution

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019

Yeah someone on microsoft's support forum actually told me that many users have reported BSODs due to cfosspeed and i should wait for a patch before reinstalling it.
THANKS for the help !

TRENDING THREADS