[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD's - ntoskrnl

sketchyfresh

Commendable
Sep 26, 2018
I have been having trouble with BSOD's quite frequently for a while now.
I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10, and I keep having random BSoD's. I have made sure not to download any 3rd party drivers other than my motherboard chipset driver (asus ROG crosshair VI) and the intel LAN driver, and Nvidia driver for my GTX 1080.

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • corsair 16gb (just bought these as their on the verified vendors list for my mobo)
  • ASUS ROG crosshair VI (x370)
  • GTX 1080
  • Silicon Power nvme m.2
Some BSOD I get are..
-irql not less or equal
bluescreenview says caused by ntoskrnl.exe

-system thread exception
bluescreenview says caused by FLTMGR.sys, ntfs.sys, and ntoskrnl.exe

-apc index mismatch
Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Things I have Done Include....
-Updated my mobo to the current BIOS firmware, and reset my bios to run everything stock. CPU, memory, etc.
-Replaced my memory with a mobo manufactured qualified vender serial number kit of memory
-windows memory diagnosis test concluded no memory errors
-Completely reinstalled windows
-chdsk fixed and repaired any problems
-dism checking health, and restoring health. Same for sfc /scannow and everything is fine. No corrupted, nor missing system files.
- Removed my graphics driver with DDU and followed instructions, re-installed the GPU driver.
-Reinstalled sound drivers, intel lan drivers, uninstalled wifi drivers (not using wifi)
-Windows is up-to-date

Windows cannot find a bad driver, I cannot find a bad driver either.
I've ran driver verifier, got caught in a bsod boot loop, went into safe mode to disable. I am not sure what else I should do with driver verifier, I kept getting BSOD from watchdog driver verifier and had to turn it off.
The only third party drivers I have are AMD mobo and chipset drivers downloaded from my mobo website. Along with their respected drivers for sata, LAN, and utilities.
Could my GPU be faulty? It seems I get BSOD when playing games, or watching videos. Whenever the GPU is rendering video.

Here are some dump files from some BSOD.
Memory Dump files

Minidump files

Solution
I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10, and I keep having random BSoD's. I have made sure not to download any 3rd party drivers other than my motherboard chipset driver (asus ROG crosshair VI) and the intel LAN driver, and Nvidia driver for my GTX 1080.

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • corsair 16gb (just bought these as their on the verified vendors list for my mobo)
  • GTX 1080
  • Silicon Power nvme m.2
Some BSOD I get are..
-irql not less or equal

-system thread exception
bluescreenview says caused by FLTMGR.sys, ntfs.sys, and ntoskrnl.exe...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what PSU?

Shame you can't just delete ntoskrnl. Windows may not work without it
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

I will ask a friend to convert dumps, he will post later...

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • GTX 1080
  • Silicon Power nvme m.2
Some BSOD I get are..
-irql not less or equal

-system thread exception
bluescreenview says caused by FLTMGR.sys, ntfs.sys, and ntoskrnl.exe

-apc index mismatch
Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Things I have Done Include....
-Updated my mobo to the current BIOS firmware, and reset my bios to run everything stock. CPU, memory, etc.
-Replaced my memory with a mobo manufactured qualified vender serial number kit of memory
-windows memory diagnosis test concluded no memory errors
-Completely reinstalled windows
-chdsk fixed and repaired any problems
-dism checking health, and restoring health. Same for sfc /scannow and everything is fine. No corrupted, nor missing system files.
- Removed my graphics driver with DDU and followed instructions, re-installed the GPU driver.
-Reinstalled sound drivers, intel lan drivers, uninstalled wifi drivers (not using wifi)
-Windows is up-to-date

Windows cannot find a bad driver, I cannot find a bad driver either.
I've ran driver verifier, got caught in a bsod boot loop, went into safe mode to disable. I am not sure what else I should do with driver verifier, I kept getting BSOD from watchdog driver verifier and had to turn it off.
The only third party drivers I have are AMD mobo and chipset drivers downloaded from my mobo website. Along with their respected drivers for sata, LAN, and utilities.
Could my GPU be faulty? It seems I get BSOD when playing games, or watching videos. Whenever the GPU is rendering video.

Here are some dump files from some BSOD.
Memory Dump files

Minidump files

FLTMGR.SYS may be corrupt. The fltmgr. sys error is caused when Windows cannot read or process files that are on the hard drive, usually because the File System Manager is damaged or unreadable. If this is the case, it can cause hard drives to stop working and a BSOD is the result.

Open an elevated command prompt and type in SFC /SCANNOW. This will interrogate your system 32 files for corruption and attempt a fix.

Solution

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/u4jc1kLx/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:041921-6437-01.dmp (Apr 19 2021 - 08:05:45)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:041821-8109-01.dmp (Apr 18 2021 - 19:29:33)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vi-hero-wi-fi-ac-model/
You recently updated the latest available BIOS.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i could guess based on victims, Chrome & Edge, that it is probably lan drivers. Stack text itself isn't so obvious.

Do you use WIFI or LAN? Motherboard has both so i can't guess.

You appear to have a Broadcom WIFI chip, (Asus rename their drivers so I have to figure out what chips are actually on the motherboard to see if there are newer since the current ones on MB website are 4 years old)

Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports MU-MIMO

doesn't tell me a lot
Google search just shows results for the Crosshair VIII which isn't helpful

I know you have Killer internet drivers, I just want to know what chipset it uses so I can find the exact ones
Nov 01 2017btfilter.sysQualcomm Atheros BT Filter driver https://www.qualcomm.com/
Aug 22 2018Qcamain10x64.sysQualcomm Atheros Network Adapter driver http://www.killernetworking.com/

Newer LAN drivers are easier to find - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

FLTMGR.sys is involved in almost as many operations as ntoskrnl, its not the cause. Its just involved.