Multiple BSODs over the past few days

Scylin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Hi there,

Since I've gotten back from my holiday I've gotten 5 BSODs over the past few days. I think it has something to do with my GPU, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, as I've updated to the latest beta drivers, problem still remained, and then I downgraded to the latest stable drivers, with problems still remaining.

These are my specs:
PSU: Corsair AX760 760W
GPU: Sapphire R9 290
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87

Here's the dump files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw0Hgwqg_pCxa1NINDZQc3I1VmM

I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing it. I've used bluescreenviewer to google about things, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks in advance to anyone that could help me.

Solution
I would update the bios and the window 10 drivers from the motherboard vendor before I spent too much time on the other problems.
(there are many potential drivers that could have messed up the directx driver, best to update before working too hard to isolate the cause)

----------
the problem kind of looks like a bug in your BIOS or graphics cards power management BUT
you have some very old driver installed that might be messing with the graphics power managemnt.

AOC Monitor Driver
ei2c.sys Tue Jun 28 18:51:37 2011
mi2c.sys Wed Jun 29 04:03:58 2011
I would remove these or turn off the gpu power management functions.

oh, the bugcheck was occured because some data was written on top of the memory address.

you have many out...
I would update the bios and the window 10 drivers from the motherboard vendor before I spent too much time on the other problems.
(there are many potential drivers that could have messed up the directx driver, best to update before working too hard to isolate the cause)

----------
the problem kind of looks like a bug in your BIOS or graphics cards power management BUT
you have some very old driver installed that might be messing with the graphics power managemnt.

AOC Monitor Driver
ei2c.sys Tue Jun 28 18:51:37 2011
mi2c.sys Wed Jun 29 04:03:58 2011
I would remove these or turn off the gpu power management functions.

oh, the bugcheck was occured because some data was written on top of the memory address.

you have many out of date drivers install on your system also:
deamon tools driver:
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 05:45:46 2012
(I would just remove this)

old Killer Networks Ethernet Card (update the driver and BIOS together)
e22w8x64.sys Wed Mar 20 14:24:01 2013

old itunes driver:
GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 03 12:56:17 2012
(generally just does not hurt anything)

Sound Blaster HDAudio driver
cthda.sys Wed Aug 27 02:15:28 2014 (can cause conflict with motherboard sound driver and the GPU sound driver)

logmein driver (just make sure you want this installed, used for remote access and can use up network resources)
Hamdrv.sys Mon Mar 30 06:28:42 2015

old Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
iaStorA.sys Thu Aug 01 18:39:52 2013

generally it would be updated when you update your motherboard drivers or go to intel website to get updates:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

overclocking driver:
RTCore64.sys Fri Apr 24 00:01:47 2015
(generally best to remove overclocking drivers when you are having strange unexplained problems)

Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver
ScpVBus.sys Sun May 05 14:31:26 2013
this driver has a design bug where it will cause corruption of other windows drivers, you have to disconnect the 3rd party xbox controller, then attempt to remove the software, then remove the installation package using the pnp utility. via this method:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

most people have a hard time removing this driver. when you unplug the device the driver becomes hidden, the uninstaller really does not work.
you should complain to the manufacture to produce a new driver that has windows pool tags. Maybe you can get a update.

you also have a driver named:
00b8ac8b-e2f

i just don't trust drivers with random names. I have seen some software do this and they encode a serial number in the driver name as a form of copy protection. But, malware/viruses also do this to prevent detection of the malware.

I would also update the BIOS version to the most current and update the windows 10 drivers for your motherboard.
i think this is your board (but make sure)
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4802&dl=#bios
there is a new f4 bios dated 2014/11/21
and updated windows 10 drivers.
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4802&dl=#driver
(BigFoot LAN driver dated 2016/03/22)

machine info:
BIOS Version F1
BIOS Release Date 10/16/2013
Product G1.Sniper Z87
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 8ah - 1.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 7000MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz

Solution

Scylin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

Thanks a lot for the response!
I'm in the process of updating everything on your list now. I'll comment on each driver and what I've done:

AOC Monitor Driver - I downloaded drivers from the AOC website and updated 1 of my monitors through locating the extracted drivers.

deamon tools driver - I uninstalled Daemon tools ages ago, I'm not sure how I would go about removing this?

old itunes driver - Updated iTunes

logmein driver - Updated

Sound Blaster HDAudio driver - Took audio drivers from motherboard site, as it's just the onboard audio
Killer network card - downloaded latest drivers called KillerSuite from the killer network card website.
old Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver - Took these drivers from motherboard site as well.

overclocking driver - Unsure what this is? I had MSI afterburner running with a small increase in my voltage as it helped my card run better (was giving me issues when I got it at first), but I removed the overclock, still crashed. How do I go about removing this?

Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver - I use DS4Windows to use my PS4 controller on my PC, so I'm not sure what I'd do about this? It's hardly ever connected, so I doubt this is causing the BSODs.

00b8ac8b-e2f - Again unsure what this is, how do I remove it?

Flashed the BIOS using @BIOS and updated to W10 drivers as well.

Thanks a lot for the help.. I'll post back tomorrow if it's crashed again or not.

yoiu might just install the daemon tools again, then run the uninstaller and see if it now correctly removes the file.

you can check to see if the driver is installed by running cmd.exe as an admin, then run
driverquery.exe /v >c:\mydrivers.txt
notepad.exe c:\mydrivers.txt (and look for the driver)

you can try to figure out where the driver 00b8ac8b-e2f came from. try searching your drive for it:
start cmd.exe as an admin, then
cd c:\
dir /s 00b8ac8b-e2f*.*

and see if it finds the drivers on your system. sometimes the directory name will give you a clue as to what product installed it.
if you can not find the file, some malware/viruses/rootkits rename the drivers on each boot to make it hard to find.
you could run malwarebytes, and a rootkit detector to try to find them.

TRENDING THREADS