[SOLVED] Multiple BSODs when playing Final Fantasy 14

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
I recently started playing Final Fantasy 14 and have been having multiple problems. The first problems I had were crashing after a few hours of play mostly DX11 crashes but one of the crashes was a windows code 141 error. I under clocked my gpu (people said it can help with the game crashing) and while that did fix the game crashing now my entire computer crashes. The errors have been a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M error. I honestly have no clue what to do my system is stable in ever other game and I am able to run prime 95 for hours no problems. The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M was an instant crash and the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION took some time the game froze, music and discord kept playing but I could not do anything even ctr alt del and the system crashed after a bit.

I have tried updating my gpu drivers, my intel wifi drivers, and I reinstalled final fantasy 14

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700
Gpu - RTX 2060
Ram - Corsair Vengance 3200 (set to 3200 in the bios though I should mention it does not auto to 3200)
Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus b450 I wifi
OS - Windows 10

Dump Files

Solution
try to update the bios to the latest, install/update amd chipset driver to the latest version
then uninstall nvidia driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, and install the latest driver

reflashing the gpu bios could help, what model is your RTX 2060 anyways?
try to update the bios to the latest, install/update amd chipset driver to the latest version
then uninstall nvidia driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, and install the latest driver

Solution

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018

Ok I will update the BIOS to the latest version, is it fine to update to the latest version if my cpu is still a first gen I've heard some people say it can cause problems. I will update the chipset drivers with the ones from the AMD site. I will also reinstall my drivers with DDU. The RTX 2060 is a MSI VENTUS OC model.

is it fine to update to the latest version if my cpu is still a first gen I've heard some people say it can cause problems
It should be fine, the manufacturer didn't drop the support yet through this latest agesa, yet it have some bug fixes, its a hit and miss to do so.

The RTX 2060 is a MSI VENTUS OC model.
try to click on the lookup button on gpuz, it's next to the card name, download the bios, and flash the bios (if problem still occurs, try to reflash the bios using nvflash)

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
It should be fine, the manufacturer didn't drop the support yet through this latest agesa, yet it have some bug fixes, its a hit and miss to do so.

try to click on the lookup button on gpuz, it's next to the card name, download the bios, and flash the bios (if problem still occurs, try to reflash the bios using nvflash)
Alright so I updated the bios and I used DDU to reinstall the drivers. I also ran driver verifier but a tablet driver I had for osu just kept crashing the system before I could do anything, I uninstalled it but it most likely was not the problem. I may run driver verifier again but I heard it is not very helpful. I have never reflashed a gpu bios before but I will try giving it a shot with your instructions.

wfwcowboys

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
Alright update, after doing most of the fixes I got a page fault in non paged area BSOD. I set my ram to run at its rated 3200 speed but sadly my ryzen 7 1700 and board did not like that I guess. Put it back to the default 2133 speed but I will definitly clock it up later I just want to know if this is the problem because I started getting crashes after changing my ram speed. The crash happened in two point hospital so I now know ffxiv was not causing the problems. I will report back if I get any crashes but hopefully they are solved now.