Question Multiple BSODS

Dec 6, 2019
On a Ryzen 3600, with 16 gb of 3200 ram(F4-3200C16D-16GVKB , windows 10, radeon 390, msi b450 pro A.

Dumps

Speccy

Stumped here. Ran MemTest, no errors, running HCI memtest no errors. Took out one stick of ram, placed it in each slot, disabled xmp, ran xmp. Try to update windows it gives me an error then crashes, if I try to update my GPU driver it gives me error decompressing? Bad installer? On the newest Bios. ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow. Went back to multiple restore points.

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Your speccy doesn't show the make and model of your PSU. Include that info additionally here. Also, one of your SSD's are showing up as unknown.

You should backup all your critical content on your system's OS installation drive and reinstall the OS after recreating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Dec 6, 2019
hd/ssd problem perhaps? or could be the windows install
if you have a spare hd/ssd install windows there and unplug all others and see if the problem persists

Dec 6, 2019
Your speccy doesn't show the make and model of your PSU. Include that info additionally here. Also, one of your SSD's are showing up as unknown.

You should backup all your critical content on your system's OS installation drive and reinstall the OS after recreating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

PowerSpec 650 Bronze Semi Modular, and INLAND 512GB I PREMIUM NVME SSD. Also, I've removed the other other HDDS still persisted. It won't allow me to install from USB. It crashes. Swapped in my old GPU too, still crashed.

Dec 6, 2019
PowerSpec 650 Bronze Semi Modular, and INLAND 512GB I PREMIUM NVME SSD. Also, I've removed the other other HDDS still persisted. It won't allow me to install from USB. It crashes. Swapped in my old GPU too, still crashed.
software crash or system reboot? have you tried to install in another ssd/hd or are you only trying with the INLAND 512GB?

Dec 6, 2019
what error does it say in the blue screen?
if not the drive then ram is the most likely to cause a system crash instead of a reboot
do you have another ram to test?
is this a new build or have you been using it for a while?
also try the ram on all different slots
good luck

Dec 6, 2019
Literally many. Always sys files. or just plain system error with nothing else. Since late September, so relatively new. Tried the ram in all different slots. No other ram to test. May have to go buy a new pair. Could RAM be causing all of this? Won't let me install anything etc. I got a few BSOD a few months ago, but I thought it was me having my ps4 controller plugged in. Since when I took it out it stopped BSODing.

Dec 6, 2019
ideally you should borrow a known good ram from someone to test it
you have 2 sticks of ram right? did you test both one at a time?
the chances of both being defective at the same time is pretty low i would say

also try clearing cmos by removing the motherboard battery for a few minutes (with the power supply off)

Dec 6, 2019
if you had a different am4 rig to test everything on, things would be much easier
if everything is connected and working as it should the problem can be ram cpu or mobo (i dont think a psu is going to cause a software crash)
you said you already tried another gpu so i'm rulling that out
you could also try to breadboard your mobo to rule out a case short

well i don´t think i have any more advice to give but good luck