[SOLVED] Multiple BSODs

COMAND3R1

Prominent
May 12, 2021
Hello I have been having consant issues having multiple BSODs this randomly started i will first give a conscise explanation with all BSODs, issues and solutions tried then ill give the full story

BSODs (in order of appearance)
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA what failed:win32kbase.sys
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
Other weird issues:
PC bluescreens while playing CSGO then im sent to windows recovey options try everything nothing works cant: reset, no commands do anything, cant get to safe mode, had to reinstall windows
whennever my pc bluescreens OR overheats there is a posibility that both my m.2 drives wont be detected and ill be sent to BIOS until i shut the pc off wait 1 minute and start back up (doesnt happen always only some times)
Solutions tried
sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
default windows Memory Diagnostics Tool on extended
The pc never generates DUMP files even after i configured it to do so, so i have been unable to check those

SPECS
32gb of corsair vengance lpx 3200hz runing at default speeds
GigaByte B550 elite motherboard
Gigabyte rx580 8gb no rgb
Ryzen 7 2700
2x kingston M.2 SA2000M8500G

FULL STORY
playing valorant screen freezes the pc shuts off wait a bit turn it back on i get told to insert apropiate boot devices (I still had my SATA hdds)
shut off turn back on pc works again
playing CSGO issue happens again in the same way i decide to try runing without my hdds it works for 2 complete games so i leave the hdds off
playing CSGO first time i got a bluescreen
Run sfc/scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth says it fixed issues restart try again
issue comes back on a diferent game randomly this time the second bluescreen doesnt happen again on said game
try playing CSGO again get the third bluescreen
a month later try playing CSGO again pc gets on a loop where it would boot up and go to recovery options if i tried anything that involved restarting it would restart and go back to recovery options reinstall windows
bluescreens have been appearing every now and again pretty randomly

Solution
That is very long-lived for a PSU.

Good that it is clean and does not appear damaged. Unfortunately that does not at all guarantee that the PSU is properly functioning.

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test as the PSU is not underload. However any voltages out of tolerance would be an indication of a faltering or failing PSU.

Otherwise do you have another known working PSU that you can temporarily swap in for testing purposes?

If so, try swapping in that PSU. Do not mix and match cables with the current PSU.

Ralston18

Titan

Good that it is clean and does not appear damaged. Unfortunately that does not at all guarantee that the PSU is properly functioning.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test as the PSU is not underload. However any voltages out of tolerance would be an indication of a faltering or failing PSU.

Otherwise do you have another known working PSU that you can temporarily swap in for testing purposes?

If so, try swapping in that PSU. Do not mix and match cables with the current PSU.

Solution

COMAND3R1

Prominent
May 12, 2021

probably my dad has a multimeter as for a PSU swap i had considered it but i dont have another one ill do the multimeter test asap and ill update on the results

COMAND3R1

Prominent
May 12, 2021
Update on the PSU test my dad and I decided to not take any risks and just get a new PSU to test it, it was something we already had in mind and with this being my only PSU and finals on the horizon i cant afford something going wrong and the PSU dying on me so ill buy a new one plop it in give it a test and ill udate you on those results

COMAND3R1

Prominent
May 12, 2021
Update: i just ran one of the games that usually crashed the pc in the first 10 minutes for more than 30 minutes with my new PSU seems like it did the job ill update if any issues arise