Question Multiple BSODs ?

Aug 11, 2022
Multiple BSODS related to memory. Swapped out with new RAM, and new GPU and the problem still continues. I am positive that this is a software error. The computer doesn't crash in BIOS but when I try to boot into windows it will crash. Other times it will boot into windows without a problem but then crash randomly sometime after. Apps close due to memory errors. For example, firefox chrome and edge tabs randomly close and give error code 0xc0000142.

• Tried memtest86, ran it overnight passed all tests.
  • Tried any repair commands I could find on the internet(DISM and SFC) and automatic repair in windows.
  • Updated all drivers I could, GPU, CPU, windows, and intel processor.
  • Tried rollbacking to a previous windows version but the problem will still persist.
  • Tried all kinds of anti-malware, and reimage repair everything I could.
Nothing helps. All signs point to a driver error or system files are corrupted All reports no error was found. I am going to attach the dump files. Recent errors have been ntkrnlmp.exe related to module name NT. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1d4T9YqiuA0P1stYrW3Eekjrcdr3QcC3Q

Please if you can look at the dump files and help me. I will extremely appreciate it and really would be extremely thankful.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1d4T9YqiuA0P1stYrW3Eekjrcdr3QcC3Q

Hardware Specs,
Crosair CX650 power supply
MSI Z390-A-PRO motherboard
RTX 2060 second GPU, AMD rx590 first one before swap
CROSAIR vengence 3000 MHZ RAM.
samsung evo 970 m.2 256 gb, C drive

No hardware changes were made before errors started occurring. I think I only plugged in new Steel Series Apex 3 keyboard and Steel Series Mouse.

EDIT:

The processor I forgot to mention is an Intel 9400F processor and the latest dump file is 081122-154109-01.dmp. The problem is occurring for about a month now, few days after installing my new keyboard and mouse which are wired, my last ones were wireless ones. I would start with that and really appreciate any help, but especially appreciate someone who can look at the dump files and tell me the problem.

Multiple BSODS related to memory. Swapped out with new RAM, and new GPU and the problem still continues. I am positive that this is a software error. The computer doesn't crash in BIOS but when I try to boot into windows it will crash. Other times it will boot into windows without a problem but then crash randomly sometime after. Apps close due to memory errors. For example, firefox chrome and edge tabs randomly close and give error code 0xc0000142. Tried memtest86, ran it overnight passed all tests. Tried any repair commands I could find on the internet(DISM and SFC) and automatic repair in windows. Updated all drivers I could, GPU, CPU, windows, and intel processor. Tried rollbacking to a previous windows version but the problem will still persist. Tried all kinds of anti-malware, and reimage repair everything I could. Nothing helps. All signs point to a driver error or system files are corrupted All reports no error was found. I am going to attach the dump files. Recent errors have been ntkrnlmp.exe related to module name NT. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1d4T9YqiuA0P1stYrW3Eekjrcdr3QcC3Q

Please if you can look at the dump files and help me. I will extremely appreciate it and really would be extremely thankful.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1d4T9YqiuA0P1stYrW3Eekjrcdr3QcC3Q

Hardware Specs,

No hardware changes were made before errors started occurring. I think I only plugged in new Steel Series Apex 3 keyboard and Steel Series Mouse.
Have you tried reverting back to your original mouse and keyboard? I know this may sound dumb but sometimes these can be the issue the drivers from external software can cause failed comms between an entire system for simplest of reasons.

Aug 11, 2022
Have you tried reverting back to your original mouse and keyboard? I know this may sound dumb but sometimes these can be the issue the drivers from external software can cause failed comms between an entire system for simplest of reasons.
Yes, that is the first thing I tried and it didn't work. My old mouse and keyboard and mouse would still cause BSOD. I also looked deep into steel series forums and didn't see anyone else having the problem I did with this keyboard and mouse. Apex 3 keyboard and Rival 3 mouse. I would be really surprised if they were the cause.

Yes, that is the first thing I tried and it didn't work. My old mouse and keyboard and mouse would still cause BSOD. I also looked deep into steel series forums and didn't see anyone else having the problem I did with this keyboard and mouse. Apex 3 keyboard and Rival 3 mouse. I would be really surprised if they were the cause.
Saddly it sounds like a os corruption that isn't being found make a bootable drive and launch the .exe file see if it will allow you to fresh install windows

Aug 11, 2022
Saddly it sounds like a os corruption that isn't being found make a bootable drive and launch the .exe file see if it will allow you to fresh install windows
I did an in place reinstall of windows and it was successful, but the problems still keep coming. Tons and tons of whea corrected error 19 on system logs. Webbrowser tabs still crashing and applications crashing in general. Still getting BSOD. I have no idea what to do, but the amount of whea corrected errrors is really suspicious. Also, it now gives me an error saying it's going to do a restart in a minute and to close all my applications.

P.S.
I didnt overclock my computer or have xmp profile enabled.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hardware Specs,
if you getting whea errors its hardware
they tend to survive reinstalls of windows

what CPU do you have?
try running this on CPU - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?
if you can, run samsung magician on the ssd and check its health - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

it could be PSU as it not their best model

Do you have latest bios on motherboard as it can help fix these errors?

Reactions: white.a.drew
Aug 11, 2022
if you getting whea errors its hardware
they tend to survive reinstalls of windows

what CPU do you have?
try running this on CPU - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?
if you can, run samsung magician on the ssd and check its health - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

it could be PSU as it not their best model

Do you have latest bios on motherboard as it can help fix these errors?
I did test the Samsung ssd using magician and no problems. I already used the intel tool you gave and tested using that and it doesn't support my CPU intel i5 9400f. So, it fails on the prime number test. I think my components are performing really well when benchmarking with OCCT and decent when benchmarking with User benchmarks.

You might be correct that my PSU is failing. However, it doesn't make sense to me. Why would windows get BSODs on boot? Also why am I getting memory problems? For example, web browser tabs randomly crashing. My PSU is also very new bought it 2 years ago from BestBuy and corsair from my experience is a good company.

The reason I think you are correct is because random shutdowns that are rare, but it happens. Also, my PC freezing when the BSODs first started coming up.

Is there a way for me to test my PSU without actually having to but a new one ? Don't want to go through all that trouble when I am not even sure it's the main culprit.

Edit:
I had already flashed to the latest bios version. Could you explain a bit more the cause of WHEA corrected hardware error 19?

Last edited:
I did test the Samsung ssd using magician and no problems. I already used the intel tool you gave and tested using that and it doesn't support my CPU intel i5 9400f. So, it fails on the prime number test. I think my components are performing really well when benchmarking with OCCT and decent when benchmarking with User benchmarks.

You might be correct that my PSU is failing. However, it doesn't make sense to me. Why would windows get BSODs on boot? Also why am I getting memory problems? For example, web browser tabs randomly crashing. My PSU is also very new bought it 2 years ago from BestBuy and corsair from my experience is a good company.

The reason I think you are correct is because random shutdowns that are rare, but it happens. Also, my PC freezing when the BSODs first started coming up.

Is there a way for me to test my PSU without actually having to but a new one ? Don't want to go through all that trouble when I am not even sure it's the main culprit.

Edit:
I had already flashed to the latest bios version. Could you explain a bit more the cause of WHEA corrected hardware error 19?
Have you made sure xmp is set and on the right profile?

Aug 11, 2022
Fixed. It was the CPU, changing it fixed the problem. The CPU wasn't that old and is still in its warranty period so it's a bit weird it failed.