Question Multiple Case fans

May 24, 2020
In your video "How to Connect Multiple Case Fans" this shows you connecting the three wire fan connector directly to the power supply, connecting the red to red, yellow to yellow and black to black. However in researching this online I have found that the three wires on the fan connectors are red for +12V yellow for sense and black for ground. When connecting directly to the power supply the yellow wire is not used only need the red connected to the yellow for the 12V and the black connected to the black for ground. The yellow sense wire is only used when connecting to the motherboard.
So the information in this video is incorrect.

May 24, 2020
Who connects their fans straight to the power supply?
I would suggest using a fan hub, or in the worst case, a fan splitter from the motherboard slots.
I was only making comment to what the video showed. And the idea of connecting fans directly to the power supply is an option, if you have fans that have only two or three wires. Three wire fans have a sense but no control, and control is not that much of an issue for case fans, except to slow them down when everything is running cool, to make it run more quieter.
Here is a link to the video in question .
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egaCMJ4rFOw

I was only making comment to what the video showed. And the idea of connecting fans directly to the power supply is an option, if you have fans that have only two or three wires. Three wire fans have a sense but no control, and control is not that much of an issue for case fans, except to slow them down when everything is running cool, to make it run more quieter.
Here is a link to the video in question .
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egaCMJ4rFOw
Even for 2015, that was a dated video.
even a 2 pin fan which is uncommon nowadays people use a fan hub or splitter

May 24, 2020
Even for 2015, that was a dated video.
even a 2 pin fan which is uncommon nowadays people use a fan hub or splitter
Well hooking the fans directly to the power supply, was not the topic this thread was about, the topic of the thread was the fact that it shows incorrectly connecting the fans by connecting the red wire from the fan to the power supply red wire and the black to the black (which is correct) and the yellow to the yellow. The Yellow wire from the fan is a sense wire the red from the fan is the +12V. The power supply red wire is +5V and the yellow power supply is +12V. This is the point I was making with this post.

TRENDING THREADS