multiple cellular gateways on same antenna?

Jul 12, 2018
I am runnng six systems in close proximity. Each system has a cellular gateway (Sierra Wireless RV50) and omni directional antenna. I want to know if I can connect multiple gateways to the same antenna? As an amendment to this question, I would also like to know if I can connect multiple gateways to two antennae (i.e. diversity)?

Solution
That is kinda expensive box but at least someone is now selling these type of devices to end users.

I suspect you can not hook the antenna together. If it was receive only then you could. The problem will be the transmissions from 1 unit will likely overload the receiver of the second. I have seen devices called diplexers used on amateur radio to prevent signals from interfering but I don't know if these will work on a LTE connection. It is a well known restriction and you have to think cell companies run into it with their cell towers.

That is kinda expensive box but at least someone is now selling these type of devices to end users.

I suspect you can not hook the antenna together. If it was receive only then you could. The problem will be the transmissions from 1 unit will likely overload the receiver of the second. I have seen devices called diplexers used on amateur radio to prevent signals from interfering but I don't know if these will work on a LTE connection. It is a well known restriction and you have to think cell companies run into it with their cell towers.

Solution