Question multiple connections to a single monitor

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
Hi All

it seems most of the HDR games are biased towards HDMI connections atm. currently i have connected my monitor via a DP 1.4 cable because it support g sync. but now i'm planning to install a HDMI 2.0 cable since BF1, mass effect andro, AC origins as well as odyssey expect an HDMI 2.0 connection to enable HDR. so if i connect both cables to the same monitor and select the input single as and when needed will this going to be a problem? my monitor is predator XB3 already reviewed by TH (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/acer-predator-xb273k-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-hdr,5998.html)

Windows is weird. You have to enable HDR for games in the control panel. Some games know that you have a HDR monitor and some don't. For example; AC: Odyssey doesn't give option for HDR unless HDR mode is enabled in Windows. Whereas The Division 2 works with Windows HDR enabled or disabled. I'll check the other games later today.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
but my question is if i connect both cables to my monitor will it have a negative impact on the monitor it self? i have played gears 5 and shadow of tomb raider (best Lara i have seen) already and they look really good with HDR.