Multiple devices on the same port.

mjj4golf

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I am trying remotely to see our security cameras and also our hvac program. The HIK-Vision DVR needs port 80, 554, 8010 forwarded; but then I also need port 80 forwarded for HVAC. I know I need two routers because one port, one ipadrs. But I am confused on how to connect them, lan-lan, lan-wan, static ip, etc, etc. Lan-wan looks to be the way to go but confused on configuration. Went thru the youtube videos and learned alot but still confused. Thanks!

Mike

Solution
Two routers does absolutly nothing here because they are going to have the same PUBLIC ip address from your ISP.

You need to do as kanewolf said and have different local vs remote ports on your router.
So IP camera 1 has locall port 80 to its static IP, but uses remote port 8101 from outside your network
Ip camera 2 uses port 8102
etc etc

Also, another thing that may be making you dead in the water is trying to use port 80.
Its not just a matter of the modem/router like Rookie said, but the ISP themselves will also block these for resedential plans as they want you to pay a much higher rate for their business plan.

This can easily be remedied by using the different remote port as listed above

Most ISPs also go and change your...

kanewolf

Titan
You would setup different external ports. Lets say the cameras are on IP address .10 and the HVAC is on .20 (you want them static IP addressed). You could setup external port 8010 to go to IP address .10 port 80. You would then setup 8020 to go to IP address .20 port 80.

You don't need two modems. You just need a router you can setup port forwarding.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
He would also need to make sure that his modem and router are both allowing those ports through... If they're configured 'restrictively' they might only allow your basic service ports (20/21/22/23/67/68/80/123/443 etc) and block everything else.

Two routers does absolutly nothing here because they are going to have the same PUBLIC ip address from your ISP.

You need to do as kanewolf said and have different local vs remote ports on your router.
So IP camera 1 has locall port 80 to its static IP, but uses remote port 8101 from outside your network
Ip camera 2 uses port 8102
etc etc

Also, another thing that may be making you dead in the water is trying to use port 80.
Its not just a matter of the modem/router like Rookie said, but the ISP themselves will also block these for resedential plans as they want you to pay a much higher rate for their business plan.

This can easily be remedied by using the different remote port as listed above

Most ISPs also go and change your public IP address every week or two so you will need a DDNS service to provide you with a URL that stays in sync with your publc IP address.

Solution