Question Multiple displays or daisy chaining

Jul 7, 2021
Hello everybody,

I recently bought a GPU (Palit RTX 2060 SUPER Dual) and 2 monitors (Viewsonic Vx2768-pc-mhd).

Gpu has 3 slots, 1 hdmi, 1 DP and 1 DVI, and the monitors have 2 hdmi and 1 DP each.

I used to have a 42" 4k tv as a monitor, and I was wondering if there's any way that I can add it to my current setup, with both monitors.

I've been reading about daisy-chaining them, but by what I read the monitors would require a minimum of 2 DP each, one for input and the other one for output.

Is there any way to work around this limitation and to be able to set up all 3 displays?

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're also going to need a Thunderbolt port for said Daisy chaining. You could easily pick out an adapter for the DVI port and tether that to any of the panels you're not going to populate the HDMI/DP with. What is the make and model of your 42" display? Inputs on said display? If your motherboard/platform has onboard graphics, you can have the 42" panel tethered to that.

Mind sharing your specs with us like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors/Displays:

Jul 7, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my CPU nor mobo have onboard graphics, so the hdmi port on the mobo would be useless.
Regarding the TV, it´s an LG 43UJ6560-SB.
It has several USB ports, 4 HDMI ports, and an Ethernet port.

My current specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Black 4x8gb
SSD/HDD: 1TB Kingston SSD A2000 - 240GB Kingston SSD SV300s - 2TB Western Digital WD2003FZEX
GPU: Palit RTX 2060 SUPER Dual
PSU: EVGA 850 GQ
Chassis: Corsair
Monitors/Displays: 2 Viewsonic Vx2768-pc-mhd Led 27

On a sidenote, another problem that I've just discovered by looking at my GPU settings is that even though both monitors are the exact same model, one gives me the option to configure it at 144mhz and the other one at 60mhz.
They're both hooked up to the same GPU, the only difference is that the 144 mhz one is on pure HDMI, and the one limited to 60 mhz is on a hdmi cable, but has a display port adapter, since my GPU only has 1 HDMI and 1 Display port.

Last edited: