Multiple displays question. STUMPED

mojin7

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I just bought a 27" Shimian QH270. Its a 2560x1440 monitor. For some reason I can only have this one monitor on. Or the one next to it on. I just built this PC a month ago. It is a very modern and powerful system so I know thats not the issue. Th GPU is a Twin Frozr 4GB 680. The plug I am using is a dual link for the hi res monitor as that is what it requires. Before I plugged this monitor in I had two other monitors (both 1080p) plugged in. As well as my TV through hdmi. I was able to run all three at once and switch what is where very simply in the windows 7 control panel or the NVidia control panel. Im baffled on this. Any ideas?

Here is something VERY odd. With both monitors plugged in...the bios splash screen comes up on monitor A then monitor A shuts down or goes to sleep (and will not wake and is not discoverable). That leaves monitor B to show me the Log in screen for windows. Then the desktop. If I switch the plugs on the GPU... Monitor B shows the splash screen and yada yada same thing in reverse. Its only one working or the other but for some reason they share the startup??? Please help lol

P.S. Latest drivers is a check

My system
3770k OC
1600MHz Corsair Vengeance OC
Asrock z77 Extreme
GTX 680
Intel SSD

mojin7

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
So right now im running the TV through HDMI and the Hi Res monitor through the normal DVI with a dual dvi cable. No hitches whatsoever. THANK YOU. So I wonder... If I were to get an adapter for display to DVI.. I could probably get all three up and running. It appears to me that since HDMI works that the "shared lanes" are the DVI Im plugged into now and the other DVI. Since they dont work at the same time... Does that make sense to you too?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Yes. Display port to dvi will allow you to run a third display.

TRENDING THREADS