Multiple displays using one graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterrrrtom

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
So I'm just wondering because I have had trouble in the past and can't seem to get it clear on setting up multiple screens, I ended up resorting to using one monitor connected to my motherboard and another connected to my graphics card but I learnt that this is, in fact, bad for my pc. So when re trying to set up two displays I tried connected one monitor with a HDMI and another with a DVI-d but found that only one screen would work. I am now wondering and looking for a straight answer so I can understand ports better but when setting up multiple screens, does this mean you cant use one HDMI and one DVI-d because it's really confusing me. Does this mean you either have to use two HDMI or two DVI ports etc? Or could i use a Display port and a HDMI port?
If someone would care to try to explain to a noobie I would be very grateful. That's if anyone actually understands what I'm going on about. Thanks.

It's not bad for your PC to use the graphics card and motherboard graphics simultaneously.

What graphics card are you using?

hunterrrrtom

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017

Im currently using a Asus Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU OC although its a few years old and thinking of changing, Just wondering how to connect two screens to my GPU

Should be able to connect them any way you want. You sure you switched the monitors to the correct inputs?

hunterrrrtom

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017

Well on one monitor it is going from vga to dvi-d with an adapter to convert it so it goes into my monitor and on the other i just used a straight hdmi from my monitor to the gpu but only one monitor would show and the other would stay black ish, get me?

Which one doesn't work? Do they both work when plugged in individually?

hunterrrrtom

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017

Yes when separately plugged in both monitors will work, they both work when plugged into the motherboard and the GPU, its just when using a HDMI and DVI-d, one won't gain a signal, typically the HDMI one I think

Status
Not open for further replies.