Multiple Errors Causing BSOD on Windows 10

Ahston

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Hi, I hope this is the right place for this. I've been getting BSOD on my PC for a while now. The only thing that I can do that seems to reduce the likelihood of getting a crash is deäctivating my microphone, but nothing else seems to work. I get a wide variety of crashes like

rtwalne_13.sys
ntoskrnl.exe
hal.dll
cng.sys
amdppm.sys

I have no clue how to get rid of these conflicts and I have tried doing a clean install multiple times, but it never works. I built my own computer about 3 years ago and it started crashing not less than a year after building it.

I'll be happy to provide any information necessary to fix this.

Thank you so much!

Solution
Now normally at this stage I would show you how to post dump files here but the people who can read them haven't been around as much recently so you might be best following the posting instructions here: http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/ - they have more people there that will look at it right away and help you fix this last freeze.

My guess is its an old driver we cannot see just by using whocrashed. we could try the driver verifier but I feel tenforums answer question from logs. They probably ask you to run verifier anyway. I would just follow their ideas before mine :)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
once its done, copy/paste this into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

that might help with cng.sys
rtwaine is an unknown

The genuine amdppm.sys file is a software component of AMD Processor Driver by Advanced Micro Devices.
The chipset support driver for the AMD processor, this application starts with Windows and provides advanced optimization support for your AMD processor. It allows you to configure a small amount of options to assist in your processors performance and efficiency.

http://www.file.net/process/amdppm.sys.html

looks like you need a new chipset driver from motherboard makers web site.

NTOSKRNL = New Technology Operating System Kernel - critical part of windows, also deals with driver requests. Gets blamed for their mistakes
HAL = Hardware Abstraction Layer - Another critical part of windows, deals with software & hardware interactions

can you download and run who crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will give us a summary of the errors to start with

Copy/paste results in here

Ahston

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Here are the results. 43 crashes thus far.

On Fri 23.09.2016 01:54:04 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092216-10734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x142970)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xA2A264FB50, 0x2, 0x8, 0xA2A264FB50)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 23.09.2016 01:54:04 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xA2A264FB50, 0x2, 0x8, 0xA2A264FB50)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 21.09.2016 00:40:21 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092016-10859-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3D (0xFFFFD00142BB54A8, 0xFFFFD00142BB4CC0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.

On Sun 18.09.2016 21:26:28 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091816-11078-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1E4, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802B988BEBC)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Sun 18.09.2016 19:51:22 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091816-10921-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x29DA)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802B64129DA, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 18.09.2016 01:27:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-10812-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1E4, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800112FEEBC)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Sun 18.09.2016 01:12:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-11015-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x5B6FC88, 0x2, 0x8, 0x5B6FC88)

On Sat 17.09.2016 20:54:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-10796-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFE001EB39E830, 0xFF, 0x3B, 0xFFFFF80170118CDB)

On Sat 17.09.2016 17:54:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091716-11281-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x1AF0B)
Bugcheck code: 0x5C (0x201, 0xFFFFFFFFFFD01898, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x0)
Error: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 16.09.2016 20:15:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091616-13093-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0xFF, 0xEE, 0xFFFFF803CC7CD347)

Colif

Win 11 Master

Ahston

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Okay, here's my hardware:

GPU:
EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GD

CPU:
AMD FX-9370 Vishera 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Eight-Core

Motherboard:
ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s US

Ahston

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Well, I downloaded those drivers and updated all of the others through the device manager, but I still got this crash:

win32kbase.sys
from bug string: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

WhoCrashed said this about it:

On Sat 24.09.2016 20:20:16 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092416-11093-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase+0x2FA15)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF9616ABBFA15, 0xFFFFD000238493B0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kbase.sys
product: Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®
description: Basis-Win32k-Kerneltreiber
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

I must say though, the crashes have become far less frequent :)

Ahston

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Yeah, I ran that, but it said nothing was wrong there. The crashes have gone from about once every 20 minutes to once every 70 or 80. It mostly crashes whenever I'm playing a game or using my mic.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Now normally at this stage I would show you how to post dump files here but the people who can read them haven't been around as much recently so you might be best following the posting instructions here: http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/ - they have more people there that will look at it right away and help you fix this last freeze.

My guess is its an old driver we cannot see just by using whocrashed. we could try the driver verifier but I feel tenforums answer question from logs. They probably ask you to run verifier anyway. I would just follow their ideas before mine :)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

Solution