[SOLVED] Multiple Games Crashing and I have no Idea Why...

CafeteriaMan

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
In this thread are my specs, and if anything else is needed please let me know. I have run multiple diagnostic tests and haven't found anything wrong, I may just be dumb though lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Now that I look at it, my case side panel is always open due to bad cable management. I'm not sure if the dust inside is the main cause of the crashing, but if it is, are there any recommendations to cleaning it? If someone has a good video on cable management that'd be helpful too lol.

SPECS:

Windows 10
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Motherboard: B250 PC MATE (MS - 7A72)
PSU: Corsair CX750M PSU (Modular)
RAAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 2400 Hz Corsair RAAM
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler
HDD: WDC WD10EZEX - 00RKKA0
SDD: Sandisk SDSSDA240G
Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Razer Deathadder Elite

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Solution
I find it odd actually, if the report is accurate your core only running at 40-45'c while gaming, it should be much higher, also noticed that the utilization of the cores are less than 30%, like your system was idle waiting for your hard drive to do something.

So when you run HWINFo64 on your system, and not run any games on it does your SENSOR mode look like this ? or does your system crash, I am wondering, if your ram or your video card could be at fault.

Below is my system running sensor mode and as you see colollumns of minimum and max (running a game at the time I snaped the image and I have a 8700k/16GB/RTX2600 water cooled. note fans changed speed, and cpu temps.

EKc5wQn.png
First thing I see is the cooler master 212 on a 7600K , which I will assume you are overclocking.
Second I see you have a GTX970, are you overclocking this as well ?

Games will commonly crash if either CPU or GPU overheat, its to protect themselves.

Have you tried to run HWINFO64 (download from HWINFO Web Site) run it in sensor mode only. leave it in background (if you have single monitor) and run your game until it crashes, then go look at your maximum column for CPU and GPU temps. what are the numbers reported, also pay attention to the FAN speeds reported at the maximum temp for both, it could be a fan that isn't working properly as well.
Check and report back will ya?

CafeteriaMan

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
First thing I see is the cooler master 212 on a 7600K , which I will assume you are overclocking.

Games will commonly crash if either CPU or GPU overheat, its to protect themselves.

Have you tried to run HWINFO64 (download from HWINFO Web Site) run it in sensor mode only. leave it in background (if you have single monitor) and run your game until it crashes, then go look at your maximum column for CPU and GPU temps. what are the numbers reported, also pay attention to the FAN speeds reported at the maximum temp for both, it could be a fan that isn't working properly as well.

I don't have anything overclocked but I will definitely try this

CafeteriaMan

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16i4eQ1k6gVxVAXe2PlaRzGaLXvlnDbcc/view?usp=sharing

This is the document that I received after running hte game and HWINFO. During this process, I opened the game, it froze a few times and then crashed. The only outstanding thing that I can see was that the Virtual Memory Load reached 99.9% at a point, but I may also be missing something. Other games that I have also crash, so it isn't exclusive just to this game. If you need me to test those games as well, I'd be happy to.

Help4567

BANNED
Sep 9, 2019
I had a similar problem where any game was randomly crashing to desktop with no errors also got alot of bluescreens.

Found 2 problems to fix:
1: Check every cable connection in your PC.
2: run windows optional features and enable legacy-components, expand this and also enable directplay

This worked for me.

I find it odd actually, if the report is accurate your core only running at 40-45'c while gaming, it should be much higher, also noticed that the utilization of the cores are less than 30%, like your system was idle waiting for your hard drive to do something.

So when you run HWINFo64 on your system, and not run any games on it does your SENSOR mode look like this ? or does your system crash, I am wondering, if your ram or your video card could be at fault.

Below is my system running sensor mode and as you see colollumns of minimum and max (running a game at the time I snaped the image and I have a 8700k/16GB/RTX2600 water cooled. note fans changed speed, and cpu temps.

EKc5wQn.png

Last edited:
Solution

CafeteriaMan

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015

EKc5wQn.png
Yup, my sensor screen looks like that. It may be a problem with the hard drives, I've done a memory test and that has seemed to come up fine. Do you have an idea how to test my harddrives? My boot drive is my ssd with my os on it and just like 1 program. The hdd is most of my stuff

depending on your ssd make they usualy have a test software tro see if it is that, you can try CrystalInfo but that isn't much of a diag software but if errors where reported you might see them https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/
I would run a defrag program in SSD mode for your drive then normal for your HDD, SSD open will take overnight. also when is the last time you cleaned your registry files?