News Multiple GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Models Listed For More Than $2,000

May 28, 2021
It looks like third party manufacturers and retailers want to get in on that sweet scalping cash rather than let scalpers take it all for themselves. While I can't blame really them as enough people are clearly paying those scalper prices, I do hope they burn in hell.
The only graphics card company that actually limits them is EVGA. This will be my next graphics card when the shortage is over.

Reactions: thisisaname

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
"Time to break the piggy bank"
Contrary to this, I recommend to keep that piggy bank and skip this generation of GPUs. The more we give in to scalpers, manufacturers, the higher the likelihood of them increasing prices, not just for this generation, but also for future generations of GPU. Because they know they can, since nobody is stopping them, and people are still clamouring for the components despite increasing prices a few times, and even as much as 2 to 3.5x the original price.

bscottjohnston

Honorable
Jan 29, 2015
Break your piggy bank? Inflation is on the rise, the economy is going to fall and we’re supposed to buy a $2000 video card because it ray traces??

Also - to the “rot in hell” comments - the US is a market driven economy. The pricing reflects what the market will bear. If you want to buy a $2000 video card go ahead. If not that’s fine too. Obviously these vendors charge these prices because people will pay.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
"Time to break the piggy bank"
Contrary to this, I recommend to keep that piggy bank and skip this generation of GPUs. The more we give in to scalpers, manufacturers, the higher the likelihood of them increasing prices, not just for this generation, but also for future generations of GPU. Because they know they can, since nobody is stopping them, and people are still clamouring for the components despite increasing prices a few times, and even as much as 2 to 3.5x the original price.
If you enjoy playing PC games, I recommend you find another hobby, because you will never be able to buy a GPU again with this stance. Time and time again it has been demonstrated that so many people are panic buying idiots, that thinking you're going to sit on the sidelines and wait for it to clear up just means you're never going to end up with anything. So either do your due diligence and find your card at a reasonable price, or move on to something else.

Jan 29, 2021
"Multiple GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Models Listed For More Than $2,000: Time to break the piggy bank"

Continuing to treat the majority of your readers as complete idiots cements your place, firmly, at the bottom of that cesspit of trash journalism. As @watzupken wisely said above, the vast majority are going to be skipping this generation.

I thought I was bad at labelling <Mod Edit> 'journalism' as such. Well played, and also correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting on a 1080.
Was planing to upgrade this year with a new system. No way in h... I will do that with the prices atm.
It has gotten to the point that it is beyond stupid to buy if you ask me.

Unless you are sitting on so mutch money that you can use a 500 dollar bill as a fly swatter then this <Mod Edit> when it comes to parts and prices is a no go.
Going to wait for the 4xxx or maybe even the 5xxx series of GPU`s from Nvidia if this keeps up. And if it does not stop then I am off to a new hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 23, 2021
Good time to go through the old Steam library and play all those games bought on sale that don't require a monster GPU. My 1070 is doing fine for just that, and if that dies I've got a 950 and 7870 that will probably be OK too.

Reactions: Jim90

hannibal

Distinguished
The problem may be that next gen may be even more expensive… aib has completely stopped follovin ”official” msrp. And they see that gpus sell Well enough douple msrp… so in future you have to win in lottery and get stock gpu directly from manufacturer to get something that it is newer the msrp.