[SOLVED] Multiple GPUs (2080ti,1080)? *NOT* running SLI for multiple Monitors? (4k, 2x 1440p)

mrcstalgic

Commendable
Sep 13, 2017
OK so I've got 3 Monitors, (Asus PG27UQ 4k 144hz) Monitor, (Asus PG279Q 1440p 144hz) Monitor, and (The Razer Raptor 27 1440p 144hz) Display all hooked up to a 2080ti, but with 1 gpu pushing that many pixels I was wondering if adding in like a 1080 to run both 1440p displays would take some of the load off for the 2080ti running 4k 144hz. Im new to these forums so I hope I posted this in the right spot 😬

I use the PG27UQ as my main display while the other 2 1440p displays are for watching youtube, video/photo editing, and homework lmao.

Solution
Just because a gpu is connected to a different monitor does not mean the work is offloaded to it. The uses you stated require next to nothing. Even an older intel igpu can run multiple 4k monitors running youtube or office. The video/photo editing software will only work off the primary gpu for viewports/canvas no matter what monitor it's on. The other gpu will just be a passthrough doing nothing but sucking power.
Just because a gpu is connected to a different monitor does not mean the work is offloaded to it. The uses you stated require next to nothing. Even an older intel igpu can run multiple 4k monitors running youtube or office. The video/photo editing software will only work off the primary gpu for viewports/canvas no matter what monitor it's on. The other gpu will just be a passthrough doing nothing but sucking power.

Solution