Question Multiple GPUs in one system, but 3D rendering uses the CPU ?

Dec 11, 2022
This may turn out to be a very stupid question.

I've been having issues with figuring out how to run two GPUs in one system, both run fine and I can selectively render on each, the issue is anything that I open will use my CPU for any 3D rendering, unsure if this is Windows or me.

The GPUs I am using are an RTX 3060Ti Founder's and a Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti, I tried switching the Nvidia control panel setting OpenGDL Rendering GPU to my 3060Ti, but applications continue to use my CPU.

Should I just suck it up and take the 1070Ti out, or is there another fix I am not aware of?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In all honesty, multi GPU setups are a thing of the past. I'd ask you to stick with the single most powerful GPU your platform can handle. On that note, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Endre

Reputable
This may turn out to be a very stupid question.

I've been having issues with figuring out how to run two GPUs in one system, both run fine and I can selectively render on each, the issue is anything that I open will use my CPU for any 3D rendering, unsure if this is Windows or me.

The GPUs I am using are an RTX 3060Ti Founder's and a Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti, I tried switching the Nvidia control panel setting OpenGDL Rendering GPU to my 3060Ti, but applications continue to use my CPU.

Should I just suck it up and take the 1070Ti out, or is there another fix I am not aware of?

Hello!

In order for the programs to use your GPU instead of the CPU, you might need to enable GPU acceleration in Windows.
Here's an article on how to do it on Windows 11:

I hope this helps...

Dec 11, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In all honesty, multi GPU setups are a thing of the past. I'd ask you to stick with the single most powerful GPU your platform can handle. On that note, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

I figured as such, my PSU currently is an Antec EarthWatts EA750 750 Watt, I've been able to throttle everything in my system without tripping, not sure exactly how old it is but if I had to guess I'd say around 2014-2016.
I only really want to run two GPUs so I can render on one, and entertain myself on the other, purely a "Why not try?" kind of thing.